GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Because I'll try anything once

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
My soon to be Parent in Law's are downsizing now that we've moved out of the apartment and into the house. while visiting a number of weeks ago he offered me up with some nice goodies ala the 1980s (Possibly 70s). So far I've tested the amplifier (need to do a little research on it to find out exactly what it is) and a tuner, older yamaha stuff. and a pair of McIntosh ML-10Cs not spectacular but McIntosh none the less. anyway.

Since I will try anything once I did a little research and found it to be a pretty simple procedure to fix ,the surrounds on the woofers have completed deteriorated and to work properly need to be replaces SOOO I've taken out both woofers and cleaned them up so far, ordered a repair kit yesterday and hopefully that'll be here sooner rather than later.

now I just need to find a McIntosh MQ-101 EQ to go with it.

I'm probably going to use it as my garage radio as killing the car battery is never fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2974.JPG
    IMG_2974.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_2975.JPG
    IMG_2975.JPG
    410.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_2976.JPG
    IMG_2976.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_2978.JPG
    IMG_2978.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 397

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
I started working on the CA-600 Amplifier as well, the power bulb burned out (seems to be a common issue on them from what I've found. put an White LED in there for now will probably swap it for a red, UV or blue. would love to find some stuff to beef these things up but haven't found anything yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2980.JPG
    IMG_2980.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 381

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Nice man...can't complain about a free sound system. Hopefully it doesn't take too much work to get it all together again. Good luck

Whysoserious

Chris who?
My dad owns a shop that does warranty work for McIntosh, we are also a Yamaha warranty rep as well. We also do sales in both fields, as well as other high end stereo equipment. Tell me what you're looking for, and if we have it, we might be able to help you out.

here's our website.
http://www.saelectronics.com/index.php

Nice :thumbsup:

what, no reel to reel?

:lol:

OP have you looked into replacing the drivers on the speakers instead of re-coning? I'm not sure which is the better approach for you, just making chit chat. I've been in the high-end A/V industry a while and love seeing stuff like this. That old Yamaha stuff should sound great and have a ton of power.

flowsome

ENT in the morning
i wish i had a picture but i almost crapped my pants when we found a Marantz 2220B in my grandparents house after they passed. it was mint except for dim lighting. it made our old sony str-de925 sound like an aiwa boombox.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Great find, man! I found an old Beomaster recently. :) Works great, though the knobs are noisy.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
I've looked at it and it seems doing the surrounds on the woofers isn't that difficult, as I said I ordered a repair kit so we'll see how that goes.

I've got a Yamaha Tuner (in the first pic) an akai tape player and a dual 601 turn table. everything seems to be in working order aside from the turn table, I think it needs a new cartridge or maybe just the stylus. the tape player seems to work but I have to find a cassette to put in it to be sure. everything is pretty mint I opened up the AMP to fix the bulb and it had less dust in it then there was on my entertainment unit after 3 months.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
well I hooked up the turntable today and after some tinkering with the belt on the dual 601 (fine piece of german engineering) seems to spin fast enough to play just not sure what speed it's at. works for the most part which is nice, the arm doesn't seem to want to swing out automatically.

Attachments

• IMG_2982.JPG
    IMG_2982.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 248

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
kit for the new surrounds arrived today, peeled the dust caps and glued the surrounds to the cones. will glue the surrounds to the baskets in a couple hours.

then give them a couple days to set up before I start pumping the tunes throw them.

Attachments

• IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    398.4 KB · Views: 194