GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best quality smoked side markers for MK6 GTI?

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Does anyone have any experience with and of the following brands of smoked side markers?

ECS tuning
Helix
Euro Konzept
Parts4Euro

Looking for how they fit, how dark they are, how oem do they look.

Thanks

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
got mine off ecstuning for 50 bucks but mines clear, they fit just perfect. i seen on a cw gti that has smoked and it looked really black on white.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
got mine off ecstuning for 50 bucks but mines clear, they fit just perfect. i seen on a cw gti that has smoked and it looked really black on white.

I have smoked on my CW and love it. I actually gave my wife the choice between smoked and color matched and she greatly preferred smoked. Her reasons being that smoked looks "sportier" and color matched looks "like you're trying to patch something up or like there's supposed to be something there". She's kinda stylish so I went with it and its worked out.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
I have smoked on my CW and love it. I actually gave my wife the choice between smoked and color matched and she greatly preferred smoked. Her reasons being that smoked looks "sportier" and color matched looks "like you're trying to patch something up or like there's supposed to be something there". She's kinda stylish so I went with it and its worked out.
I always thought smoked looked like a black hole on the bumper vs painted or clear

Clymb

I also got ECStuning smoked, they look and fit great on my black gti. Amazing how such a small change to the front can make the car look so much better

Kyle805

Ready to race!
I always thought smoked looked like a black hole on the bumper vs painted or clear

I completely agree. With my car a first went with the clear and ran those for a few months but I ended up just matching them. I think it looks way better then smoked. Eventually I would like to shave them but that's for another day

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I got mine last xmas from Parts4Euro, xmas sale 25 dollars including shipping, they look just like the OEM, same quality, but mine are smoked.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion

Have you seen smoked on in person? It looks really clean actually. And mine aren't actual smoked markers, I just covered the stock ones with the darkest LaminX. It has a little gloss to it and looks great

Chiefa2j

Ready to race!
I completely agree. With my car a first went with the clear and ran those for a few months but I ended up just matching them. I think it looks way better then smoked. Eventually I would like to shave them but that's for another day

Funny you said that I looked into this yesterday and got a quote from a body shop. They said they would charge me almost $700 for shaving and filling in the sidemarkers. Not worth the money!!

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Have you seen smoked on in person? It looks really clean actually. And mine aren't actual smoked markers, I just covered the stock ones with the darkest LaminX. It has a little gloss to it and looks great

I actually have, and it still looked like a hole to me. On a mk4 where the side marker integrates with the front rubstrip it wont look as bad. But the white GTI's (MK5 and mk6) with the smoked sidemarker, it just didnt look good to me. But I also belong to the camp of not being a fan of black emblems on the front or rear so. Smoked side markers can be pulled off, but it depends on the rest of the car and how it integrates with the other body parts, but most of the time I've seen it, it looks like crap

Plus I dont even run side marker bulbs on my color matched since I removed the error code. With the way paint is chipping on my bumper, I might as well just save up and get an ED35 and/or eurobumper