GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to clean steering wheel?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Vinylex leather cleaner! Spray on rag with a little water as well, scrub wheel gently and evenly. Wipe off with a clean rag, and a few hours to dry. Looks brand spanking new. Assuming your wheel isn't too far gone....

But give it a few hours to dry because it will be a bit tacky right after cleaning.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
İ use mothers leather cleaner on seats steering etc. İ spray on microfiber towel n wipe it down

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Take note that there is leather cleaner and conditioner. Personally, I just clean my wheel with an interior cleaner spray and microfiber. I spritz once on the towel, and grab the wheel with my hand and give it a solid rub down. Take notes of the cloth as you go to see how much dirt you're pulling off.

Soap and water should work fine. You can use a soft brush (boars head is what I would use) meant for leather and scrub the wheel w/ soap and water or a special leather cleaner, or interior cleaner.

I never use any armorall products or anything that has petroleum in it. That leaves it greasy looking and slick. It's the steering wheel, it shouldn't be slippery--that is dangerous.

s_ram412

Passed Driver's Ed
Take note that there is leather cleaner and conditioner. Personally, I just clean my wheel with an interior cleaner spray and microfiber. I spritz once on the towel, and grab the wheel with my hand and give it a solid rub down. Take notes of the cloth as you go to see how much dirt you're pulling off.

Soap and water should work fine. You can use a soft brush (boars head is what I would use) meant for leather and scrub the wheel w/ soap and water or a special leather cleaner, or interior cleaner.

I never use any armorall products or anything that has petroleum in it. That leaves it greasy looking and slick. It's the steering wheel, it shouldn't be slippery--that is dangerous.

Thanks! I'm gonna give mothers leather cleaner a shot. Does that have petroleum in it?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Armorall products are the worst invention in the history of the universe... Anyone who uses that stuff hates their car. Or they really like things that look like they're were purchased on craigslist.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I would go with Meguiars if I were buying over the counter. Otherwise, I don't think Mothers will have anything terrible in it. Not familiar with the product to be honest.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
To add, mr clean magic eraser works like magic! No more shiny steering wheels.

Isn't that just abrasively scrapping off layers from the leather? Probably removing any protection they put on it as well.
My steering wheel annoys me as it feels sticky at the 9 and 3 positions and I have to move my hands around on it often. I want it to be as it was when I got it and have not messed with it until I am sure as it is the best thing in the car.
I am going to try 1z Cockpit Premium on it though later.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
I tested it on my van and it was effective. Only light strokes will do and make that magic eraser is wet. It should be OK considering it won't be done again for a while.