GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake fault

funkymcbain

Ready to race!
Seriously this car, it’s just been a long string of faults and issues lately. Anyway. Driving home I got a brake fault and red light. I’ve had the ABS light on for a while cause I need to replace one of the rear hubs as the abs notched disk rusted away apparently. I checked VCDS and it would appear that around the mileage that I got the brake fault the other abs sensor started reporting issues. Question is does anyone know if the car throws a fault like that if two abs sensors are toast? There was no other error in there, fluid level is fine.
Thanks

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Needs more details, what brake fault/light? Brake wear? Codes? If you had two abs sensors bad it should be the same warning, not like a vehicle about to self destruct message.

funkymcbain

Ready to race!
Needs more details, what brake fault/light? Brake wear? Codes? If you had two abs sensors bad it should be the same warning, not like a vehicle about to self destruct message.
Ya that's what I would figure. I didn't write down the codes but I'll check since I have to scan the car again for another issue...