GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brunkel's Build Thread - '13 United Grey GTI

Jaber

Modero
Had the chance to let my friend drive my car so I could stand outside and hear the exhaust sound. I sure do love the uni sound! Very happy with it! And that DV Whine has got to go asap...ordering gab dv+ this week!

I had AZN KVN drive mine and he went WOT few times. Does sound great from the outside. Love how quiet it is when driving normal.

Jaber

Modero
Such a great exhaust! Need that Diverter Valve replacement though. How was installation and did you notice a quicker throttle response?

Install was easy. Work on a cool car, so you don't burn yourself. Mine must of been leaking or something. Cause it felt like car grew balls afterwards and no flute sound.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Install was easy. Work on a cool car, so you don't burn yourself. Mine must of been leaking or something. Cause it felt like car grew balls afterwards and no flute sound.

Yesssssssss. flute-less balls.

I think mine might be leaking too actually. I loose boost pressure occasionally while still on the throttle.

ALSO! I think my girlfriend and I will be out for the September 6th meet you guys were talking about!

Jaber

Modero
Yesssssssss. flute-less balls.

I think mine might be leaking too actually. I loose boost pressure occasionally while still on the throttle.

ALSO! I think my girlfriend and I will be out for the September 6th meet you guys were talking about!

Yeah.. When I had the flute sound, I pretty much tried to stay out of WOT after a while. It was pretty horrible. Funny at first though lol...

Enjoy the meet! I sadly won't be able to make it to the last one.

Jaber

Modero
You most definitely did. I like to keep my videos raw and uncut.

:laugh:

Brunkel likes it raw :D

Have you watched the GoPro recording of my TBE? You can hear what it sounds like up close to the exhaust tips :D

I might bug KVN again to see if I could get another session with him, to record the intake and place the mic on the fender.

Speaking of intake, you might notice the intake sound more tame, after DV+. Before DV+, mine seemed like it made a lot more wooshing sounds.

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:

Brunkel likes it raw :D

Have you watched the GoPro recording of my TBE? You can heard what it sounds like up close to the exhaust tips :D

I might bug KVN again to see if I could get another session with him, to record the intake and place the mic on the fender.

Speaking of intake, you might notice the intake sound more tame, after DV+. Before DV+, mine seemed like it made a lot more wooshing sounds.

Yeah your video is sick! I saw it as soon as you posted it up.

Hmmm. bummer about the loss of intake woosh. I love how loud mine is right now. I'll let you know my impressions when I install DV+

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I did a giggidy on my spm downpipe both on casual pull away and hard acceleration when gf driving it..id post my videos but then id be taking away from your sweet build thread.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
I gotta do some fly by vids of my CTS. Sounds very similar to the Uni.
I also have that stupid whine from my Rev C DV. whomp whomp...

Jaber

Modero
I gotta do some fly by vids of my CTS. Sounds very similar to the Uni.
I also have that stupid whine from my Rev C DV. whomp whomp...

Your video is awesome. Must of watched it a dozen times on the TV w/surround sound :laugh:

Believe I PM'd you for opinion on both setups and agree, CTS sounds a bit deeper.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Your video is awesome. Must of watched it a dozen times on the TV w/surround sound :laugh:

Believe I PM'd you for opinion on both setups and agree, CTS sounds a bit deeper.

Haha thanks!

Yea. It does have a deep note. But when you get on it.. it has a nice roar from the downpipe. It has broken in nicely. I plan do so an updated video and a GoPro vid on bike as well!