GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
80% at home sounds pretty sweet.

Dropping under 50%, can def see that being an issue for some.

I'm still at 1-2x a week, with many people doing 1 - or less - until mgmt finally steps up and truly pushes a requirement, which with all this change in the tech and other industries, maybe thats finally coming... OR.. in typical fashion for our BU, we remain a misfits island and just do whatever we want now - come in when we need to, have random days here and there, etc. It's... strange. Its so weird to be in the office when barely anyone is there overall - it truly does feel like post apocalyptic lol.. I just wish they would decide on something and go with it.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
80% at home sounds pretty sweet.

Dropping under 50%, can def see that being an issue for some.

I'm still at 1-2x a week, with many people doing 1 - or less - until mgmt finally steps up and truly pushes a requirement, which with all this change in the tech and other industries, maybe thats finally coming... OR.. in typical fashion for our BU, we remain a misfits island and just do whatever we want now - come in when we need to, have random days here and there, etc. It's... strange. Its so weird to be in the office when barely anyone is there overall - it truly does feel like post apocalyptic lol.. I just wish they would decide on something and go with it.
This work from home stuff seems to have shaken you to your core :)

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Sup y'all

Not motivated to work right now... which is a problem because there's a lot to do, and I want to do almost all of it... but yeah, spent the last few minutes researching how to do a navi map update. Riveting stuff.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yo......

So my best bud Mo Dadkhah partnered up with one of my former co-drivers Cole Loftsgard to run the IMSA Lamborghini SuperTrofeo series this season.

He's hosting a fundraiser on 3/25 at Sim Racing Chicago - pretty cool place full of higher end racing simulators, doing a big tournament. $300 bucks to enter and the grand prize is a free seat at a WRL weekend in a GP3 car. For an extra $100 on your entry you get entered into a raffle for a new-in-box Rolex Submariner. He's working on a bunch of other giveaways and prizes as well (TBA).

SRC is just off Randall Rd. in the Algonquin area so its easy to get to (90 west to Randall Rd north).

Should be a cool event! Will have a couple really cool guest speakers too. I'm flying in for it to help him fundraise :)

Register at MSReg: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/sim-racing-chicago-championship-championships-574107

If you JUST want the Rolex raffle entry, it can be done here: https://myevent.com/simracingchicago/tickets

IMG_5522.jpg

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Changing my fuel filter on the wagon when it comes in from fcp. I've read different opinions on whether I need to prime it with VCDS or just fill the canister with fuel or power service.. Can anyone provide some insight?

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Timing belt is also happening when it warms up a bit. Got the tool kit from diesel geek coming and then Ill be ordering the timing belt kit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
This work from home stuff seems to have shaken you to your core :)

When you are a parent, it just would be nice to know for kid stuff mostly.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Wish I had the money to even enter. That sounds like a blast!
same lol, wow that's some cheddar. But its for a good cause! I've been meaning to check that place out one of these days. I need to use my at-home sim setup more, that's for sure.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
same lol, wow that's some cheddar. But its for a good cause! I've been meaning to check that place out one of these days. I need to use my at-home sim setup more, that's for sure.
Now that I know of it I wanna check it out. When I get a house I want to build a sim setup so I can finally play some asseto corsa.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Now that I know of it I wanna check it out. When I get a house I want to build a sim setup so I can finally play some asseto corsa.

Good thing is, you can piece together a basic setup for about $550... $300 seat and frame setup via amazon, $250 G29/290 when its on sale, and go to the races.