GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom headlights project!

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Hey guys I'm working on a spare set of headlights I have and looking for ideas/suggestions. Been searching the interwebs and not finding much probably because our permasealed headlights are so difficult to open.

I'm planning on completely blacking the headlights out with LC9X black pearl to match the car. A pair of switchback halos. And demon eyes for the projector.

i haven't quite figured out what I'm doing with the signal pocket yet. Was thinking either a dummy etched projector to match or frosted/etched plexiglass/acrilic.

im kind of on a tight budget haven't even ordered anything yet just started opening the headlights. Just looking for advice tips or suggestions if there are any other headlight junkies here.

Post up pick if ya got custom headlights! And I'll thy to post more pics as the project moves along.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Subbed

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
I've already got one lense off.
PXL_20220201_130017303.jpg
I know it's possible it's just takes a lot more work and patience then other headlights.

Looks like the demon eyes might be a bit of a challenge because of the curve-adaptive headlights. There's not much clearance.
PXL_20220201_130106346.MP.jpg

The Drls look funny out of the headlights 🤣
PXL_20220201_130620792.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Are you gonna paint the projector cutoff plate? I forget what the piece is actually called. Gives it a cool effect when sunlight hits it.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Are you gonna paint the projector cutoff plate? I forget what the piece is actually called. Gives it a cool effect when sunlight hits it.
Yeah I was looking into that it basically blacks out the lense when it's turned off, without effecting light output. It's crazy the things you can do, and very easy to get carried away. I'm definitely gonna have to research it more now lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah I was looking into that it basically blacks out the lense when it's turned off, without effecting light output. It's crazy the things you can do, and very easy to get carried away. I'm definitely gonna have to research it more now lol

Worth the effort IMO. I painted mine red on my Civic. Maybe it was a little “rice” but it looked cool when the lights were off (if you like the effect).

I can’t find a pic of mine because they were all on Photobucket and they got stupid but like this:

1643856761330.jpeg

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Worth the effort IMO. I painted mine red on my Civic. Maybe it was a little “rice” but it looked cool when the lights were off (if you like the effect).

I can’t find a pic of mine because they were all on Photobucket and they got stupid but like this:

View attachment 237821
Yeah! That looks sweet! But you only have that effect when the lights are turned off right?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah! That looks sweet! But you only have that effect when the lights are turned off right?

Right! When the lights are on it looks like a normal headlight and doesn’t effect the light output or cutoff. But the lights are off and you look at them you will see the color that you paint them.

Halo DRL’s and paint the cutoff shields:

1643857761015.jpeg

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Ended up painting the rest I felt like it looked a little incomplete with the flat black.
PXL_20220203_145443077.jpg
PXL_20220203_155939511.jpg
PXL_20220203_170649466.jpg
PXL_20220203_170656186.jpg

Still stuck on the turn signal pocket was thinking infinity mirror but not sure if it would look tacky or not.

Infinity light diy

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Never seen the infinity light that looks cool as hell. Definitely a way to make it extra custom.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That shit looks sweet! Didn’t know that was something you could do the lens.