GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DEPO LED Taillights are junk

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
So I just asked for a refund as well. I noticed to things wrong when I was about to install them.
1. Missing 1 yellow restrictor box

Do you mean you are missing the yellow/gold resistor for the rear fog?
Or are you expecting more than one?
Should only be one.

A.Bursell

Ready to race!
The defects with the water getting into the light and the broken clip are clearly unacceptable. I do want to point out though, that what I can see from the pictures, they actually seem to fit correctly. If you look closely at the taillights, the hatch lights have an extra lip on top, that the body lights do not have. That is the part that appears to not line up, but it is actually designed that way. I have installed two sets of OEM lights and both are the same fitment. Unless there is something I'm not seeing...

Oh, and the seller doesn't seem to have much of a return policy. Reading through their auction it seems they pretty much put it all on the manufacturer and claim they do this to keep prices "deep." At the very least, it seems like they will change you 25% restocking fee, if they even accept them back. And you are on the hook for shipping both ways. Not the type of terms I like to see when I'm buying.

Good luck, and I hope you get yours OEMs and are happy with them. They are worth it. :thumbup:

Adam

EDIT: I think I see the gap you are talking about-- between the black plastic on the "inside" of the outside taillights and body? If I'm seeing it correctly in your pictures, it definitely should not gap like that. I agree with you there.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the alignment seems near right to me from the pics (looks near the original lights) but not exactly right and that really can be sorted with adjustment and I would bet there was more adjustment that could be done.
From what I could see with mine they are well made to fit and I never had to even try adjusting. Just went straight in correctly.

And that black gap is meant to be there. It's there on orig lights and it's not meant to stop water at that area. Water is meant to flow down there.

GTA_MK6

Ready to race!
Do you mean you are missing the yellow/gold resistor for the rear fog?
Or are you expecting more than one?
Should only be one.

Is there only one? The sheet that came with it said 2 in the photo.. If you only got one then it's a stress relief. :happyanim: Only thing is now I'm pretty sure something to do with that rear fog is loose. That rattle pisses me off

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yeah only meant to be one. You should also have no spare connections.
Four black resistor boxes plus one gold resistor for left inner with fog.
Is the rattle the resistor boxes or connections rattling? Is it in the lense itself?
I coded away the resistor boxes. Left the gold one. That sits easily with the sticky pad. I also put some padding around the connectors. Hate rattles too.

webber

Ready to race!
hey! I bought a set from BKS and mine has almost the same gap as yours on the right hand side... but after a couple rainy days, it still works fine.... I didn't bother to take out and check if there was rain leaking in .... the lights on the other side have a slightly smaller gap.... so i assumed it was the way it is.... Should I take out and check if water leaks in?? Did yours just malfunction after the water leaked in??

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
hey! I bought a set from BKS and mine has almost the same gap as yours on the right hand side... but after a couple rainy days, it still works fine.... I didn't bother to take out and check if there was rain leaking in .... the lights on the other side have a slightly smaller gap.... so i assumed it was the way it is.... Should I take out and check if water leaks in?? Did yours just malfunction after the water leaked in??

isn't the ones from bks OEM? these are not.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion

If your Hellas are doing anything remotely like this, you return them and get a replacement set. Zero problems with mine.

tschatzinger

Ready to race!
Hopefully I get one of the good sets. Just placed an order the other day. Some jerk smashed one of my taillights a week or so ago. Oh well, legitimate reason to upgrade :)

Hellstorm

Passed Driver's Ed

As long as your seal is good, you should be fine. Mine is not.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Is it the seal around the red bits?
Or is it getting in through the foam section bit at the back? Water should be allowed to go everywhere else around the back. The foam section seems to me to be the old part all the lights are sheilds from letting in water - and of course the gluing of the red lense to the shell.
Was the foam caught and pulled away when you were installing them maybe?

Or is it getting in through the foam section bit at the back? Water should be allowed to go everywhere else around the back. The foam section seems to me to be the old part all the lights are sheilds from letting in water - and of course the gluing of the red lense to the shell.

lol you are trying to defend this product like its your life... its kinda funny. just let it go. it looks as if you are working for them.

Hellstorm

Passed Driver's Ed

It's getting in around the foam. I'm going to RTV it and try again. The broken clip was allowing the wires to move around the foam and break the seal. Even if that's fixed I'm still not happy with them. I never mentioned how rough the edges are on the lenses.

It's either pride or a possibility you're a Eurosport Garage spy that keeps you defending these things lol.