GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did you choose Bosch or OEM - Golf R injectors?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
History; I have a MK5 GTI with a K04 and S3 injectors. It is tuned with a GIAC K04 HO tune. It has 305 whp and 363 lb*ft and boost to near 25 psi. The car is getting on in miles and is at 154k miles. I just placed and received an order for a lot of parts. One item was MK6 Golf R injectors-06F 906 036 F. I got home with the load and went through to check if all was there and correct. My parts guy must have used my VIN and he ordered the stock GTI injectors - 06F 906 036 A. I still can get a set for $600 and Bosch are $460 to $500 but I am more than likely going to stick with oem.

So with that, if you have tried Bosch 06F 906 036 F...could you share your experience and the miles you have on the car with them?

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Right, I know. The only difference is; Bosch makes parts in both Germany and China. VW parts tells me genuine is made in Germany and parts under the Bosch brand are often made in China. Not sure if this is truth. I already got a set of genuine injectors from VW for $600.

AM407

Autocross Champion
You got me curious, so I went back through my receipts and had a look.

Bought mine from Rockauto 2 years ago: Bosch 62819. Cost was only $52.79 each and says “Country of Origin - Germany.”

Haven’t even thought about them since I installed them, so guess they’ve been fine. I’m only Stage 1.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Thanks guys...I haven't been able to confirm what I was told. I only found that Bosch will have on their packaging 'Country of Origin' printed as to the home-base of the company. But I found that on a Bosch Professional site. It just won't allow me to read more without accepting cookies.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
I'm in the parts business... the China story doesn't pass the sniff test. He is trying to make a sale pure and simple. Bosch makes oem. They don't have multiple lines on this single part number...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Thanks all. I did get a set of OEM injectors back in early June and installed them. Paid $100 more for them over Bosch. I expect this set will last a very long time as I only drive this car no more than 3k miles per year now. I went through it and replaced the HPFP and fuel pressure sensors previously and now was replacing the LPFP, LPFP control module, and these injectors. Mostly because for the past few years my high pressure was only being requested to produce 110 bar rather than the 140 bar target my file should be targeting. This all began when I switched back to my GIAC H.O. K04 file from a less than two year stint trying the Driver Motorsport K04+ file. Because I suspected it to be the tune...I had spent many hours with GIAC talking about this and sending them data which I could not see any reason why, and they too saw nothing that would do this. Anyhow, it just came down to "replace all that was fuel related", cross my fingers and see. And yes, the first drive with VCDS connected showed the HPFP target was indeed in the high 130 bar realm again. I suspect it was the LPFP and it still could've been the injectors...but was weird because data showed the LPFP with the Torqbyte PM3 kept pressures in the low-pressure-side to just below 4 bar by the time it reached redline. I had the spare control module which I swapped in while bypassing the PM3 previous to replacing the LPFP and injectors and that did not fix the pressure targeting issue. So yeah, was either the LPFP or the injectors causing the 110 bar target. I suppose it could've been injectors leaking...but the data never showed the HPFP actual pressure to drop more than 10 bar from specified...but I suppose it could've done something weird and I just never saw it in the data. Anyhow, all is finally sorted and I have been able to put this issue to bed...phew.