GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Did your NFL team make the playoffs?

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Just saying, we beat you guys with a healthy Shaub, and Yates isnt a Shaub. Plus we don't lose at home this year lol

You have a point in Shaub. You did beat us with shaub, but with no AJ (aka da gawwd) Now we will have him back, so that makes Foster that much better because AJ taking some of that away from the line and the attention to him...If AJ doesn't get ya, Foster will. but.................

and this is a big BUT..... depending on which D shows up for that game, if it's the good one, we will have a HELL OF A GAME, i think it will come down to which team makes THAT mistake.

P.S. Yates, one day...soonish, will be better then shaub.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
You have a point in Shaub. You did beat us with shaub, but with no AJ (aka da gawwd) Now we will have him back, so that makes Foster that much better because AJ taking some of that away from the line and the attention to him...If AJ doesn't get ya, Foster will. but.................

and this is a big BUT..... depending on which D shows up for that game, if it's the good one, we will have a HELL OF A GAME, i think it will come down to which team makes THAT mistake.

P.S. Yates, one day...soonish, will be better then shaub.

true, but we we're 100% either, we were missing:

Jimmy Smith, our 1st round CB who's played decent this year

Chris Carr, he's alright, im happier with Webb, Smith and Williams

Zbikowski, starting saftey next to Reed

Grubs, beast ass guard that help a shit ton in defending the pass rush

Evan's, speedy WR, having a horrible year, but still needs to be accounted for due to his speed.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
LoL@ "how hard can it be to be Aaron Rodgers" comment
You realized he was one of better QB out of college right? God don't remind me! Alex Smith > Aaron Rodgers-SMH!

Coming out of college, Smith had more talent. Granted, Smith was in a pass heavy environment whereas Rodgers was in an offense that featured great running backs as well. But then Rodgers gets to sit behind Favre a couple of years and learn and develop, especially under a great offensive mind like McCarthy and Rodgers gets thrown to the wolves and has some of the worst coaching of recent years that was never consistent and an injury.

It's unfair to compare them just because they were the same draft class. That is basically the only thing they had in common. Rodgers is now an elite qb, and Smith is average to good. Couple of playoff wins, couple more division titles for SF and people will sing a different tune. He is being unfairly judged for past poor performances that weren't entirely his fault.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I understand what your saying but Alex Smith played Utah had great numbers at a crap conference
Aaron Rodgers played for Cal when the pac-10 was a proven conference if not one of the more elite conferences for its time... He had some stellar games versus USC who was considered one of the best defenses in ncaa.

Alex Smith had similar numbers to Aaron in college in a less competitive conference.

Funny thing is I always defend Alex Smith as a Pro cuz I feel bad for the guy walking into a franchise that was trying to re-establish itself let alone have a consistent coaching staff...

So yea I get what you are saying but out of college I honestly thought Aaron was more NFL ready... Of course its easy to say now but when I saw the dude play against USC I was so convinced he was bad ass

Grownman

Ready to race!
Came across this observation of the Saints game. Wanted to share it with you guys as we go into the game on Saturday!

Saints definitely took advantage of the opportunities the Lions gave them, the refs aided a little but they made every opening count. As always we need to be careful with the ball and capitalize on their mistakes.

1. Great kick offs by Morstead, I guess he's there more for kickoffs than punts since they really enjoy going for it on 4th down. Payton will continue to do so until somebody stops him.

2. Drew Brees will throw at least 2 interceptions in every game, the trick is catching them and capitalizing. We've had pretty solid hands out of our secondary this year so I expect that on the big stage they bring it again. We need to push the pocket into him and keep our hands up to try and deflect the pass, he's only 6' and his delivery allows for some deflections if your hands are up.

3. Pass blocking scheme involves inviting the edge rushers up field and pushing them up field while Brees steps up into the pocket. Pretty effectively eliminates the edge rusher, however I didn't see Detroit try stunting and shifting. Our 3-4 rush has a lot of stunts with Aldon starting out and coming behind the inside rusher. On 1st and 2nd down we'll need Sopoaga & RayMac to push their man back and play 2 gap watching for draw plays and try to harass Brees from the front of the pocket. We're going to need Aldon in on more downs and earlier than 3rd because the Saints are just as likely to pass on 1st/2nd down as 3rd.

4. RB's made the Lions tacklers look ridiculous, we need to wrap up as always and limit their yardage after contact. Sproles has the breakaway speed so once again put a hat on him every chance we get. Bring the pain to his 5'6" frame to slow him down. Really all their RB's are good so we need to be prepared for the draw play regardless of who is on the field.

5. Darren Sproles as advertised is the wildcard in their offense, Graham is a tough cover but Sproles can make a first down out of nothing. We are going to have to keep within an arms reach of him at all times because once he is free he is gone. I'd look to try and take him out early with a lineman or a running back, when comes through the line then tries to make a cut to the sidelines knock him on his butt. Within 5 yards he's fair game, and if they playfake it to him you can actually tackle him.

6. Receivers aren't scary but I wouldn't expect them to drop as many passes as they did this game either. They all have good hands but I don't think any of them have great hands so get in there and rip the ball out. Detroit knocked several passes out of their hands after it should have been secured. I also look for Goldson to make one of his signature monster yet legal hits to get them hearing footsteps.
They seem to run a lot of crossing routes combinations with 1-2 deep routes. The route combination makes zone schemes nearly impossible to not get exposed down the field. We are going to need Whitner and Goldson to show their range and stay back to keep the deep ball in front of them.

7. D-Line have concrete feet, not much push but don't get pushed back easily. I am curious how our misdirection running game will pay against them. They generate next to nothing out of a pass rush with their down 4 lineman so when they don't blitz it's going to be important to be patient and draw coverage down field then dump the ball off or let Alex scramble for 5+ yards.

8. LB's are slow yet very experienced, great instincts but not greatly talented. We need to try and expose them in coverage with Vernon, Hunter, and Gore (Walker if he plays). Vilma has a ton of experience in adjusting their defense to match the offense. I would hope that Goodwin would be an advantage in this situation since he should have a pretty good idea of what Vilma is audibling to from playing against them the last few years in practice. Goodwin should be pretty on point in diagnosing their blitzes.

9. Secondary has athletic but undersized corners, they got bullied by Calvin Johnson. I know Crabtree isn't CJ but I expect him to have good success against them. The top 3 Saints leading tacklers are in their secondary so these guys stick their nose up in run support as well as blitzing. We need to be unpredictable with our playcalling so they don't stack the box. I think Frank can have good success against them if we can keep them honest.

10. Kick/Punt Return with Sproles is quite scary so we'll need Akers to kick the ball deep and Andy Lee to be his typical MVP self.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Maybe you should finish reading point 2 and you will understand. Don't be ignorant :D

Ignorant... How am I being ignorant :rolleyes:
If Brees threw two interceptions every game he wouldn't be as great as we know him to be.
The dude has always been 6 feet through his whole career:laugh: I am pretty sure he averages less then one interception a game... I guess I am just being ignorant...

Could the 49ers get two interceptions? perhaps- we do have a very scrappy secondary... bottom line I can't wait for the game

Grownman

Ready to race!
Ignorant... How am I being ignorant :rolleyes:
If Brees threw two interceptions every game he wouldn't be as great as we know him to be.
The dude has always been 6 feet through his whole career:laugh: I am pretty sure he averages less then one interception a game... I guess I am just being ignorant...

Could the 49ers get two interceptions? perhaps- we do have a very scrappy secondary... bottom line I can't wait for the game

2. Drew Brees will throw at least 2 interceptions in every game, the trick is catching them and capitalizing.

Two easy interceptions were dropped by Detroit. Winning teams make those interceptions. Losing teams don't make them.

Agreed, I can't wait for the game either! Not gonna argue over this on the web.

VWTN

Ready to race!
Cause its been changing over the past few weeks, Giants kept them close, lost by a FG. KC beat them.

Too little, too late. My bet anyway. Pats could pull it off but I just don't see GB losing. Not a GB fan. Liked Farve though and much respect for Aaron Rodgers.

I'll say this, if the absolutely improbable happens, and Denver goes all the way.... it will rock the NFL... maybe the world.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
Too little, too late. My bet anyway. Pats could pull it off but I just don't see GB losing. Not a GB fan. Liked Farve though and much respect for Aaron Rodgers.

I'll say this, if the absolutely improbable happens, and Denver goes all the way.... it will rock the NFL... maybe the world.

I wouldn't be suprised if True Blue went in there this week and upset the Pack to be completely honest with you.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Lambeau is a hard place for visitors to win. The Giants played good against the Falcons, but Atlanta also played like absolute shit. It was also one of the worst coached games I've seen all year on Atlanta's side. It'll be GB vs. New Orleans in the NFC Championship.

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
So now im wondering that if any other team tried to do what the Pats just did if they would have allowed it. They just (as in TODAY) hired Josh McDaniels, and the NFL is letting him be a "consultant" in the game against Tebow and the Broncos, you know the team he coached last year and has inside info on......sorry but thats just wrong, you shouldn't be able to make coaching staff changes etc etc during the playoffs

I mean they're hiring him as the new OC for next year to replace O'Brien. So let him start NEXT YEAR, when O'Brien actually leaves his job. Not agaisnt his former team, i just find it ironic that they could do this.