GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DieselBunny Build

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I wanted to help stiffen up the rear end. Its got a bit of a wobble. Someone on the tdi forums said to do a passat rsb.
I'd go with a mild solid bar. 22mm h&r would be world's better. All the oem bars are hollow and won't give you what you want from it

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Late night shenanigans with this thing... I think I finally got the sunroof drain fully unclogged. I improvised a tool out of a coat hanger that was for some reason layin in my garage... Was able to poke at the drain under the cowl until water started gushing out. Now it quite literally sucks the water right out.

Attachments

• 20230118_220833.jpg
    20230118_220833.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230118_220821.jpg
    20230118_220821.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 51

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Nice, yeah once my warranty is up in July I'm gonna do stage 2 as well. Just don't want vw getting pissy if something breaks and they try blaming the tune.

True story, diesel warranty on my Touareg is good till next year and have been putting off any tune, which is kinda easy cause the 3.0TDI pulls hard already but been thinking about it, like maybe don't worry about it..........last week CEL came on, got the VCDS out and found an error code for bank 2 NOX sensor. Dropping it off tomorrow for it's 100k w/trans filter and they can deal with that too. :D

Love seeing folk having fun with these wagons, had plans for one myself but I can not kick the AWD bug.

For your shifter, I had the DG on my GTI and loved it, went with the APR weighted one on the Golf R, the previous owner of the R had a VF engineering one in there similar to the S3 one. They are night and day from the S3 one. Highly recommend either (although I like the weight of the APR one a bit better) if you are really looking for nice shifts.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
True story, diesel warranty on my Touareg is good till next year and have been putting off any tune, which is kinda easy cause the 3.0TDI pulls hard already but been thinking about it, like maybe don't worry about it..........last week CEL came on, got the VCDS out and found an error code for bank 2 NOX sensor. Dropping it off tomorrow for it's 100k w/trans filter and they can deal with that too. :D

Love seeing folk having fun with these wagons, had plans for one myself but I can not kick the AWD bug.

For your shifter, I had the DG on my GTI and loved it, went with the APR weighted one on the Golf R, the previous owner of the R had a VF engineering one in there similar to the S3 one. They are night and day from the S3 one. Highly recommend either (although I like the weight of the APR one a bit better) if you are really looking for nice shifts.

I have 3.0TDI in my A8L. I purchased it almost 5 years ago. Put a Malone tune on it shortly after they did the emissions fix. The tune makes a very big difference and you really feel the torque increase. Highly recommend it.

I just put in the DG shifter on my MK6 R. For shifters made 2022+ they have a weight kit that you add to the shifter itself instead of buying an expensive weighted shifter. I have driven the new shifter about 2 weeks now, it is very nice, very smooth, not notchy, easy to hit every gear, easy to find neutral. Highly recommend both the shifter and the weight kit.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
More dumb shit used the spray can I had laying around. Delete has been placed on the back burner. Buying a house in July. Gotta save every penny.

Attachments

• 20230212_141909.jpg
    20230212_141909.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58

Thumper

Autocross Champion
More dumb shit used the spray can I had laying around. Delete has been placed on the back burner. Buying a house in July. Gotta save every penny.

What color was that?

It is BRIGHT. Looks a bit like Porsche Gulf Blue. :D

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Welp. Check engine finally popped for the egr and dpf. Taking it to the dealer to fix it this week. Warranty ends this summer so I'll be doing the delete after I buy a house.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Update for you all. I'm now stage 2 with my delete through eco diesels and MRtuning. Loving the huge bump in power. Sunroof is hopefully fixed for the leaks again. And I put on my wheels from my gti that I got back from my buddy when I sold the gti (which I still regret but whatever) .

Attachments

• 20230509_155047.jpg
    20230509_155047.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
How she sits right now. Still haven't had a chance to really tackle what I wanna do yet. Joys of homeownership getting in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_120257_706.jpg
    IMG_20231010_120257_706.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20231010_100453_817.jpg
    IMG_20231010_100453_817.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 37

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Decided to update my plans for the car.

TDI THINGS TO DO

TIMING BELT (BOUGHT, HOPEFULLY DOING THIS WEEKEND)

CLUTCH

METAL SIGN SKID PLATE

BLAST PIPES

EXHAUST CUTOUT FOR SIDE EXIT

REFLECTOR DELETE ON FRONT BUMPER

COILOVERS OR SPRINGS & SHOCKS

REAR SWAY BAR

P2015 FIX (BOUGHT)

REAR BASH BAR OR MAGNA TUNING REAR BUMPER AND REAR DIFFUSER

SPOILER EXTENSION

LED TAIL LIGHTS OR CLEAR LENS

20% WINDOW TINT

WOOD FLOOR TRUNK LINER

CUSTOM SHIFT BOOT AND BYE FELICIA KNOB (JUST NEED THE BOOT)

VENT BOOST GAUGE (NEED TO INSTALL)

EONON HEADUNIT WITH ANDROID AUTO

10" SUB IN TRUNK

UPGRADED SPEAKERS

BACKUP CAMERA

DASHCAM

RE-DYED HEADLINER

GTI STEERING WHEEL

CUPRA FRONT LIP

FOG LIGHTS