GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY DeAutoKey Interior Lights

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
No problem! I'm doing a DIY for the headlights and fog lights next. Pretty straight forward but it's nice to scroll through pictures while your doing it.

Well for any DIY you post, if you do it like this one, it will be a great help! :thumbup:

Cwinne

Ready to race!
Took half as long as I thought, super easy. Best advice is to take your time and test all connections upon install of each bulb.

DeAutoKey really came through with a solid kit and there tools will come into use with dam near anything inside the car.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Took half as long as I thought, super easy. Best advice is to take your time and test all connections upon install of each bulb.

DeAutoKey really came through with a solid kit and there tools will come into use with dam near anything inside the car.

Nice! I was super careful with the installation; I made sure all the lights were always off until the bulbs were fully in, and I checked them all. The LEDs make such a difference. :thumbup:

devondunphy

Passed Driver's Ed
just installed my lights yesterday,
guide helped me out a lot, took no more than 30 minutes.

there is a slight flicker to the vanity LED's behind the sun visors though.
i made sure the bulbs fit snugly but maybe it's just a power thing.
either way, nothing too noticeable.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion

Have you disabled Cold Diagnostics using VCDS?

On all these LED lighting threads, I rarely see cold diagostics mentioned. Probably because it doesn't seem to be an issue for some people? But my concern would be the longevity of the lights...

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
just installed my lights yesterday,
guide helped me out a lot, took no more than 30 minutes.

Have you disabled Cold Diagnostics using VCDS?

On all these LED lighting threads, I rarely see cold diagostics mentioned. Probably because it doesn't seem to be an issue for some people? But my concern would be the longevity of the lights...

Sorry, we missed this reply. Did you try switching the LEDs to see if the issue follows onto the other side?
We have a Lifetime Warranty and we can always replace this if you think the LED is the issue. Email: deAutoKey@gmail.com and they will help you out.

Shutting off Cold Diagnostics is suggested on our website and we always recommend it, this does give a longer lifespan to any LED.

Thanks for bringing that up Bozz.
:thumbsup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I know that LED's, especially high-quality ones, are known for their longevity. Is there an estimate to how long my DeAutoKey interior LED's will last? Thanks.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I know that LED's, especially high-quality ones, are known for their longevity. Is there an estimate to how long my DeAutoKey interior LED's will last? Thanks.

Hi, we have a lifetime warranty on our LEDs because we know the GTI, along with all CANBUS cars have issues with LEDs because of the Cold Diagnostics.

That being said, our LEDs last forever in many vehicles, we have our LEDs installed in cars for over 4 years now with no issues.

We are proud to say that our defect rate on ALL our LEDs are less than 1%. :thumbsup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Hi, we have a lifetime warranty on our LEDs because we know the GTI, along with all CANBUS cars have issues with LEDs because of the Cold Diagnostics.

That being said, our LEDs last forever in many vehicles, we have our LEDs installed in cars for over 4 years now with no issues.

We are proud to say that our defect rate on ALL our LEDs are less than 1%. :thumbsup:

Having a lifetime warranty is impressive. It's even better that you have a failure rate of less than 1%! So far, I love my LED set, the color is amazing. I have yet to see other LED kits that have that crisp white tone instead of that yellow or blue color. Thanks! :D

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Having a lifetime warranty is impressive. It's even better that you have a failure rate of less than 1%! So far, I love my LED set, the color is amazing. I have yet to see other LED kits that have that crisp white tone instead of that yellow or blue color. Thanks! :D

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. It is hard to find the crisp white because it costs a lot more money to get that light temperature, all LEDs start blue, then layers are applied to the LED chip and then put under a meter that reads the light temperature, this is done by hand and has to be done for every single LED to get the correct color.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. It is hard to find the crisp white because it costs a lot more money to get that light temperature, all LEDs start blue, then layers are applied to the LED chip and then put under a meter that reads the light temperature, this is done by hand and has to be done for every single LED to get the correct color.

And this is why I love DeAutoKey. I couldn't be happier and the entire experience was great. I plan on doing more LED swaps as time goes on. :D