GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dustin's thread

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
New suspension parts went in this past weekend Unibrace UB, VWR rear sway bar, and White Line rear end links

Not pictured was the allen wrench I needed to remove end links.

Close up of the White Line end links.

VWR Sway Bar comes with teflon lined bushings, similar to the H&R bars.

Left and right side installed.

No pictures of the UB install. There was almost no clearance because I was only using 2 jack stands instead of 4. Hardest part was getting the UB under the rubber.

The car feels less composed, not what I wanted. I suspect that the rear sway is overpowering my struts rear damping. I'll need to play with my settings. The end links and rear sway also very tight to get in. I'm thinking I need to adjust on ramps with the suspension loaded.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
looking good so far! :thumbsup:

JhnR

Banned
Nice! How much did those OEM license plate LED cost you with the adapters for no error?

JhnR

Banned
I think i sent you a PM regarding those 17's lmk what you had in mind as far as price

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
No new installs this weekend. Washed and quick detailed the car. I took it out for a drive Sunday night and noticed a new noise.

Left front wheel well is making a clunking noise whenever I drive over bad sections of street or those reflective lane dividers. Normal driving its silent, but its loud enough to be noticeable, I can almost feel it through the wheel well.

I'm thinking it might be
Loose front endlink
Loose camber plate/top mount
Sub frame shifting

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I picked up my poormans Advan RZ's yesterday AKA Weds Sports SA55M 18x8 +45 in MGM

Tires are coming soon but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can mount them. Wheels still need to be redrilled for 5x112 and I'm debating if I should powder coat as well.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Not totally sure, its hard to tell from the pictures but the matte grey finish is pretty close to CSG. Gloss bright silver with black barrels might be nice.

Did you get a chance to clean up your wheels yet?

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
So bad news I went to Auto Union Tuning this morning to get some parts installed only to find out my subframe has cracked.

This might account for some of the new suspension noises I've been noticing. Was quoted $450 for a new subframe and have to push the other installs back about a week.

On a more positive note, tires are being delivered today.