GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Sure, I would then assume you know that there are "Boy Racers" who drive GTI's too then? I refer to my above quote about making broad stereotypical statements.

Where did I ever say the gti does not get that label in some cases?

All I said was taht even magazines tend to review and lable the ST in comparisons as more of the boy racer oriented vehicle.

Not sure why you are bent out of shape.

chilli42

Ready to race!
Where did I ever say the gti does not get that label in some cases?

All I said was taht even magazines tend to review and lable the ST in comparisons as more of the boy racer oriented vehicle.

Not sure why you are bent out of shape.

You implied it here - They are in europe which is why is a golf/gti is a car people actually want to own as adults and the focus st/rs is considered boy racer.

Not bent out of shape, just debating.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
You implied it here - They are in europe which is why is a golf/gti is a car people actually want to own as adults and the focus st/rs is considered boy racer.

Not bent out of shape, just debating.

So again where exactly did I say the golf/gti is NOT considered a boy racer?

You seem to only want to twist what I say into what you want it to be both by your accusations of me stereotyping and now saying what I implied.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I see way more mk5/6 GTI's than Golfs around here.

chilli42

Ready to race!
So again where exactly did I say the golf/gti is NOT considered a boy racer?

You seem to only want to twist what I say into what you want it to be both by your accusations of me stereotyping and now saying what I implied.

I was commenting on that fact that I felt it was an unfair, general statement, saying that ST/RS are considered boy racer cars. That is your opinion, you wrote it, stand by it.

This is a forum, the general idea is to share opinion. thoughts, debate, etc. My opinion is different to yours, that's all.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
This is a forum, the general idea is to share opinion. thoughts, debate, etc. My opinion is different to yours, that's all.

Yeah once you understand that we'll all be better off since you are the only one here telling others their opinion is wrong or not allowed.

The ST is considered a boy racer, so is the GTI. From my experience the ST is considered a vehicle TARGETED at that market while the GTI is not, so the ST would more likely be labeled as such compared to the GTI.

chilli42

Ready to race!
Yeah once you understand that we'll all be better off since you are the only one here telling others their opinion is wrong or not allowed.

Dissagreeing is not telling people ther are wrong, it's called having a different of opinion. Stop being sensitive.

The ST is considered a boy racer, so is the GTI. From my experience the ST is considered a vehicle TARGETED at that market while the GTI is not, so the ST would more likely be labeled as such compared to the GTI.

This is certainly a more balanced way to articulate what you meant, and would agree with this. Different from your original post.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Dissagreeing is not telling people ther are wrong, it's called having a different of opinion. Stop being sensitive.

Over and over again you were telling me I was making incorrect sterotypes and had to stop, you were telling me what my statements implied while ignoring actual facts I had written.. Sorry I'm not the one who needs to be less sensitive.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Good that's out of the way now. We can move on.

C4L

Banned
Ok lets pretend VW is premium, where is audi?

I guess you can argue that Seat is their shit brand because they build em in poland. But that's more like the equivalent of what hyundai/kia used to be.

Ford/Toyota/Honda - Mainstream
VW - Upscale/Premium
Audi - Luxury

That is how I have seen in MOSTLY. VW is tricky because they have cars that compete in various market segments.

Jetta/US Passat/Beetle- pretty mainstream cars
Golf/GTI/CC/Tiguan/Eos - Upscale/Premium cars
Touareg - Flat out luxury car

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Ford/Toyota/Honda - Mainstream
VW - Upscale/Premium
Audi - Luxury

That is how I have seen in MOSTLY. VW is tricky because they have cars that compete in various market segments.

Jetta/US Passat/Beetle- pretty mainstream cars
Golf/GTI/CC/Tiguan/Eos - Upscale/Premium cars
Touareg - Flat out luxury car

I'd completely agree with you 2 years ago. But now with the cheap passat and cheap jetta... I am not so sure.

We used to get the top of the line models only, because VW positioned itself a bit more on the premium side, now it looks like we're getting more in line with the rest of the world in terms of VW placement.