GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Ed's Golf 6 Replica OEM HID Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staticmk6

So I picked up a set of the golf r reps and they look amazing, install was very smooth and everything works great, I'm using the provided 5k HID's that you can get with the headlights. Now I just need to find some one with vagcom to fix the DRL code. Anyways here's some pics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386906571.902198.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386906583.552143.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1386906600.586828.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Aigoo

Ready to race!
Just out of curiosity, I saw the OEM LED's have a VCDS coding trick that increases the LED brightness when the switch is in the parking position. Is there such a trick that works with ED's lights?

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
December 24th Update:

Thank you for all your support for another year. I've been working hard with the manufacturer to keep the build quality up with these lights. I'm keeping my orders with the manufacturer low to try to minimize any quality issues, and it seems to have been working well lately.

For my Stock situation:

Option 1 - will have more stock in later this week. My "seconds" are all gone.

Option 3 - 4 sets available. Will reorder more in early Feb.

Option 4 - Lots available for now.

I also have the Dark Red LED Tail lights available for $405 Shipped. If you order them with the headlights and HID kit, I will deduct $50 off the total or a free HID kit.

If you have questions, or like to order, just let me know.

Happy Holidays!!

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I think it's around 6000k.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

bmc333

Ready to race!
Just out of curiosity, I saw the OEM LED's have a VCDS coding trick that increases the LED brightness when the switch is in the parking position. Is there such a trick that works with ED's lights?

I too would like to know this....

bmc333

Ready to race!
His byte 18 coding could be wrong. I find them brighter (or as bright as) OEM - albeit the LEDs are whiter.
But did find with some codes the less are dimmer and with what works for me the LEDs are brighter.
I find my LEDs are about half as bright as OEM versions....what coding you use that got yours that bright???

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I find my LEDs are about half as bright as OEM versions....what coding you use that got yours that bright???

I have rear led lights with rear fog also so have my byte 18 set to 04.
No other changes to try get the LEDs brighter.
They were less bright when I had byte 18 set to 15 (my coding before I installed the headlights).

bmc333

Ready to race!
I have rear led lights with rear fog also so have my byte 18 set to 04.
No other changes to try get the LEDs brighter.
They were less bright when I had byte 18 set to 15 (my coding before I installed the headlights).
Ok, I have rear LED's without fogs so I'll check and see if that coding works on mine. I was able to get the brigtness of the rear LEDs up a bit so here's hoping I can do the same for the headlight LEDs...

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
With those rear lights I think your coding should be byte 18 to 21.
Try 04 though and what happens with the rear lights and if you have any errors and if your drivers side reverse light still works.
I have a euroswitch and the rear fog light all wired up and working.
There is another setting that you can set some sort of long life extension for front and rear lights to inactive. I had a look at that and made no difference to mine.

Smudester

Ready to race!
got mine today they even work on golf 5 cecm (only need the high beam )

Rep vs oem

Dat silver with the painted valence :drool: those rep leds look super nice on the silver too

Sent From Tapatalk

KeepingItStock

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed my black LED reps today. Very nice pieces. Two things though:

Maybe I'm nuts but it seemed like the LEDs were significantly brighter before I coded them to run as DRLs?

My passenger side bulb has/had a VERY slight intermittent flicker. It popped up after they were on for about 30 seconds and seems to have gone away after driving around for a bit. What could cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.