GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting back into a MK6 GTI

drdfblackm

Looking at purchasing a '10 GTI. It definitely needs some love....clutch feels iffy like needs to be bled or new slave, shifter is super sloppy, headlight wiring has been done by a 4 year old using teeth instead of tools, CEL that appears to be due to aftermarket downpipe, and just needs good general maintenance. Has around 110K miles. Cheap car that I am going to daily and give plenty of love to.

Previously had a 2012 GTI Autobahn. Love it. APR everything with stage 2 tune. I know this little '10 won't be like my '12 but with love and time....it will be a good car I think.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Check the timing chain tensioner and chain stretch.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
What GolNat said. Before you do anything else redo the timing chain completely. Then fix the wiring and other issues. Honestly I hate buying and pretty much won't buy a car that somebody has futzed with the wiring on. Too many kids think they can just hook up wires. Never ends well.

RMTM12

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking at purchasing a '10 GTI. It definitely needs some love....clutch feels iffy like needs to be bled or new slave, shifter is super sloppy, headlight wiring has been done by a 4 year old using teeth instead of tools, CEL that appears to be due to aftermarket downpipe, and just needs good general maintenance. Has around 110K miles. Cheap car that I am going to daily and give plenty of love to.

Previously had a 2012 GTI Autobahn. Love it. APR everything with stage 2 tune. I know this little '10 won't be like my '12 but with love and time....it will be a good car I think.

Did your 2012 Autobahn have the old timing chain tensioner or the revised one when you got it??

drdfblackm

I do not know. That was like 5 years or more ago when I owned it. I asked the question, they confirmed it, I did not dig any more.