GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTD revealed

GTI2007

The new Volkswagen Golf GTD should bring a smile to any diesel fanatic's face. Unlike many other diesel-powered cars the GTD does not look like the outcast of the family. The front end looks exactly like the GTI's except for the red border outline on the grille which for the GTD is chromed. Another difference is at the rear where we find twin tailpipes like the Golf V GTI instead of single pipes on either side. It also has a sports diffuser and 17-inch alloy wheels.

Under the bonnet is a 2.0-litre turbo diesel motor that makes 125kW (170PS) and peak torque of 350Nm between 1,750rpm and 2,500rpm. The GTD will sprint from 0 - 100km/h in 8.1 seconds and has a top speed of 222km/h (138mph). It averages 5.3 litres of diesel per 100km and has a C02 emissions figure of 139g/km.

When it comes to the interior the same sporty feeling found in the GTI is attained for the GTD. Some of the features are a three-spoke flat-bottomed leather steering wheel, sport seats with a "Jacky" pattern and optional satellite navigation. Customers will be able to choose between a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed DSG gearbox.

The GTD made its world premier at the Auto Mobil International (AMI) in Leipzig today and will begin selling in Germany some time in early May.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090327.012/vw-golf-gtd-revealed

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
It maybe lagit but they bad photoshops. Just look at the badges they been added by computer or in the case of the steeringwheel altered. There are other things too.

patch281

It's a simple case of the same people who decided not to bring the GTD to the states hired the photoshop people, too.

lemarin

Ready to race!
How a TDI of 170 hp can achieve the 0-100 km/h in only 8.1 sec ? Cars and drivers with the 140 hp model has done 8.0 sec for the 0-96.5 km/h (0-60 MPH).

It's a non-sense for me....

v_z

i drived it last week on the track, i would say GTI is much better, i dont see how its gonna make a sale......save petrol?

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
The GTI is quicker, yes. It has 30 more hp. Makes sense to me. Other than the engine the GTD is basically a GTI.

Again, the GTD is marketed toward those who want the sportiness and styling of the GTI with the efficiency of a TDI.

v_z

The GTI is quicker, yes. It has 30 more hp. Makes sense to me. Other than the engine the GTD is basically a GTI.

Again, the GTD is marketed toward those who want the sportiness and styling of the GTI with the efficiency of a TDI.

yea, thats what the dealer told me as well, but i was hardly convinced. i reckon people buy a car for a reason---either performance or fuel efficiency, the 'stuck-in-the-middle' strategy just missing the point, i believe. anyway, still a impressive car though, but the red elements on a GTI are just too good to miss:w00t: