GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Depo R LED Taillights

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxmonstar

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got the replacement that Dose had sent to me due to one of my lights having a crack from shipping. Once again they look awesome! And Dose was great in getting me a replacement. I've got my velcro and I'll be installing them tomorrow. Can't wait. Will post picks of my white TDI once they are on.:happyanim:

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
any update on the possible headlight groupbuy yet??

Working on it... a safe date is about end of April. Thats a safe date hopefully having product in hand.

Ok that's cool. Do you still have plenty of the Dark Cherry in stock?

Yes we do. You should be good to go when the time is right for you.

derp, i didn't see that.. isn't that the same base as 194s?

I want to say yes. If you do LED reverse you need resistors. A few pages back there were some buyers with info on this. I suggest a projector LED (Cree) LED's are directional so you want them shooting directly behind the vehicle.

^^these don't need to be coded though??

They dont have to be. Some people code so they dont have to use resistors. Your good to go dont worry. If you still need any help with resistors you can email me. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Lamb is referring to Post #1 topic "Installation Advisory" its an easy mistake so double check.

Hotpocketdeath

I want to say yes. If you do LED reverse you need resistors. A few pages back there were some buyers with info on this. I suggest a projector LED (Cree) LED's are directional so you want them shooting directly behind the vehicle.

The LED's I linked are "Error-Free". Should be plug and play, no resistor needed. Same website also carries 5w Cree's that are also Error Free.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-912-921-Backup-Reverse-Lights-p/led-sku318.htm

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Might jump in on this depending on how money is end of this week. $385 is hard to pass up.

Do it best $385 I've spent on my car. Installed mine today, it was so easy.

Hotpocketdeath

They dont work trust me. Others have tried. I did a 7W Cree "Error Free" and still required a 20 W resistor. Its a Volkswagen thing... lol

Hmm, that's interesting. What's the ohm rating on those resistors.

Edit: nevermind. Should have followed Ohm's Law. Should be around 7-8 ohms

Last edited:

jimb213

Are there any pictures of the black smoke while illuminated, preferably on a black car? I'm this close to pulling the trigger, but the only black smoke pics I've seen have been without the brakelights on, or a photoshop.

Thanks!

Drew113

Ready to race!
Are there any pictures of the black smoke while illuminated, preferably on a black car? I'm this close to pulling the trigger, but the only black smoke pics I've seen have been without the brakelights on, or a photoshop.

Thanks!

Personally i got the black cherry ones on my black GTI and they look amazing, definitely would suggest considering these for your car too man

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Hmm, that's interesting. What's the ohm rating on those resistors.

Edit: nevermind. Should have followed Ohm's Law. Should be around 7-8 ohms

Correct, These are about 6ohm that I have . a 6 ohm 25-50W load balancer.

Thanks!

XGC75 just ordered for his car (black) and we should have pictures soon. He will be the first. I believe CalebJohnson took pics with lights on as well. Ill look and update.

edit: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=961264&postcount=286 Black Smoke lights on.

Personally i got the black cherry ones on my black GTI and they look amazing, definitely would suggest considering these for your car too man

Black Cherry does look pretty awesome on Black. I cant wait to see the black smoke on Black though. Who will be first!

Drew113

Ready to race!
true i haven't really seen that many people get the black smoke at all....just don't like that they completely took out all the red

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Correct, These are about 6ohm that I have . a 6 ohm 25-50W load balancer.

XGC75 just ordered for his car (black) and we should have pictures soon. He will be the first. I believe CalebJohnson took pics with lights on as well. Ill look and update.

edit: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=961264&postcount=286 Black Smoke lights on.

Black Cherry does look pretty awesome on Black. I cant wait to see the black smoke on Black though. Who will be first!

I pick mine up on Friday.

butchered by autocorrect

Wooooosh

I just wanted to mention, I sent my PM to OnePerfectDose on Monday, and 3 days later they're sitting at my house. This is extra amazing as I live in Canada. Thank you so much.

asiantricK

Passed Driver's Ed
I just received my lights today at work. Packaging is very well put together. Everything is intact, clean, no scratch. I will install it this weekend and have some pictures up.

Last edited:

rkellis

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, glad the Depo tails are still putting smiles on everyone's face...including mine. I just put amber LED turn signals in my Depo's and they look great. Nice crisp turn signals now. Love them! here is the link to the Bold Sport LED's I just bought if interested:

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/ind...ory_id=0&description=1&model=1&product_id=221

I chose these due to the positive reviews on Vortex, but I am sure there are others out there. No bulb error code so far, thus I am happy. The Depo tails are great!

laxmonstar

Passed Driver's Ed
Just put them in today. I'm super happy with them!!!

I'm having a slight alignment issue with the right tail light. Not the biggest deal in the world. But is there any way to adjust these? I know there was mention of it before but since this thread is now 50 pages, I'm being lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.