GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI broken into last night

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
My car was broken into last night with no signs of forced entry. Apparently they hit a few cars in the area.

Do you guys know of some sort of master key or device that can open our cars?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
usually coat hangers does the trick, or they remove lock key cover thing and somewhat open up with 2 paperclips or something

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Slim Jim's and things like that are old school. The newer tool that anyone can buy is a wedge that you stick between the door and body, then you slip an airbag in and pump it up enough that you can stick this bent rod in that grabs the door handle. Boom, open door. All of this car be done in less than a minute. Check the gap between the top of your door and the car and see if it looks bent at all.

See here... http://www.carunlocktools.com/product.sc?productId=21&categoryId=1

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
No gaps...no scratches....key hole cover is still on yet they left the door open. Im in a corner house on a main street. Definitely pros.

mcgti6

Ready to race!
did u have any belongings sitting in the open or something? wondering why they chose ur car...

also r ur windows not tinted?

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Nothing in the open except firefighting books and a stethescope. No tints. Police said they hit a bunch of cars in my area.

mcgti6

Ready to race!
u have any idea of what those other cars were? maybe they were going for certain ones. to me it seems weird that they would choose a newer car.

simpson110

Ready to race!
every few years i see on the news about people using some type of transmitter to unlock cars. cant remember where i heard about it last but basically its a universal remote to unlock most cars.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
maybe you just left it open?

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Im waiting for the police to come by and Ill ask him what kinds of cars they got into.

These guys had balls. My house is pretty open and surrounded by neighbors. They took the time to go through everthing.

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Definitely didn't leave it open. And it was definitely locked as I always beep it twice to make sure out of habit.

Even if I did leave it unlocked, the chances of someone coming by on the same night to check if I did leave it unlocked is slim to nil.

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
every few years i see on the news about people using some type of transmitter to unlock cars. cant remember where i heard about it last but basically its a universal remote to unlock most cars.

This is what Im thinking. Especially since a bunch of cars got hit. Ill see if I can find out what other makes were robbed when I speak with the officer.

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Lol garage is packed and we have 5 cars on the drive. But ya. Obviously thats the simple solution. Thanks for the advice.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Lol garage is packed and we have 5 cars on the drive. But ya. Obviously thats the simple solution. Thanks for the advice.

^clean up your garage...get some cars in garage. get flood lights...if youre really crazy..install a camera filming your driveway.

chances are its someone in your neighborhood who knows your schedule btw

:thumbsup: