GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix 7.5 headlights for MK6

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Great find! I don't think anyone had issues with Helix's 7 style headlights.
Man, I was begrudgingly saving up for Osrams, but these look great.

barretoca95

I have them. Giving me a headache tbh. I installed about a month or two ago. As of thanksgiving my passanger DRL is permanently on. I was told it’s bc I don’t have a high line cecm. I plugged in oem headlights and the drl still stays on. Really don’t know if coding will help or if I have to replace the cecm .
EC3CFBF9-4A29-40CE-B78A-7CB2C0A3ED16.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
HA loving that license plate.

On the CECM subject, do you have a 2.5L? I thought I read somewhere that US spec GTIs have high-line CECM as standard. Those lights look so damn good.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I have them. Giving me a headache tbh. I installed about a month or two ago. As of thanksgiving my passanger DRL is permanently on. I was told it’s bc I don’t have a high line cecm. I plugged in oem headlights and the drl still stays on. Really don’t know if coding will help or if I have to replace the cecm .

Odd, its just passenger side?
Did you add any additional trigger wires to the light switch portion during install?

barretoca95

I have an HID kit from headlight experts. Other than that is just hid kit and the headlights themselves. I plugged in the passanger oem halogen and it still occurring the drl is constantly on. But yeah only passanger side

barretoca95

Odd, its just passenger side?
Did you add any additional trigger wires to the light switch portion during install?
I have an HID kit from headlight experts. Other than that is just hid kit and the headlights themselves. I plugged in the passanger oem halogen and it still occurring the drl is constantly on. But yeah only passanger side

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Hmm yea I feel like I've heard that issue before and it was fixed with either a trigger wire or a euro switch.
But ive read so many headlight problem posts by now that they all tend to blend together.

Its usually fixable by one of four things in any case, Euro switch, Trigger wire, Coding, or adapters.

barretoca95

Hmm yea I feel like I've heard that issue before and it was fixed with either a trigger wire or a euro switch.
But ive read so many headlight problem posts by now that they all tend to blend together.

Its usually fixable by one of four things in any case, Euro switch, Trigger wire, Coding, or adapters.
What’s a trigger wire??

barretoca95

A trigger wire is an additional wire you add to your lighting switch and lights to allow additional functionality.
Most of the time its used to have separate control of the DRLs
Hmm might have to look into that. I currently am able to turn the DRL off through the MFD but even if I turn it off, the light still stays on.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Trigger wire is to add parking lights (city lights). There is one that can be added for the rear fog light also.

torga

Autocross Champion
do you think adding the trigger wire with the euro switch would help me and my situation?
I think it might. Euro switch with trigger wire can be had for as cheap as ~$30-35 and takes ~30ish minutes to install, so it wouldn't take much of your time. Here's a very clear video on how to do it.