GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Glove Box Removal

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Hello there. Long time reader, first time posting

I am having some issue with trying to install the aluminum-look glove box handle. So far it has been a pain and I have lost the screw in the glove box. I am thinking it would be much easier to remove the box itself, fish out the screw and install the handle but can't seem to remove the glove box.

Is there anyone who has removed the box before that can provide some insight or is there an easier way to go about getting the screw out?

chilli42

Ready to race!
I did mine and it was a bit fiddly. I lost the screw too, but it seemed to jam somewhere in the glove box and doesn't make a sound. To put the new one in I got a magnitized screwdriver and got lucky. I used a regular philips screw and a longer one to make it easier. Look goods!

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
There's a small hole to the left of the release assembly, I think it's a 20 torx screw that's inside. Be careful and use a magnetic drew head so your screw doesnt fall inside by accident.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Taking out the entire box is a huge pain. To put it very basically, you have to remove a portion of the center console, the kick panel, and the piece of trim in the front of the door jamb to get it out. Once you get the box out the screw is easily gotten out. Just shake.

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the help. Got the screw out and handle installed.