GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPAs new intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Another less talked about way of reducing intake temps would be a relocated diverter valve to right before the tb

Water meth+ relocated DV+ upgraded intercooler= more cooling then anyone would probably need

Just trying to redirect this thread guys....

I dont think a DV relocation would impact IAT's....or at least Id have to see numbers on it supporting it.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
I dont think a DV relocation would impact IAT's....or at least Id have to see numbers on it supporting it.

I'm quoting modshack here,
the great majority of the time you're recirculating air ie: the DV is open and dumping hot air from right off the turbo exit pipe back into the intake. By relocating the DV to just before the Throttle body, you're now recirculating cool air that has already passed through the intercoolers. You're also depressurizing the system at the point of obstruction (The throttle body), not the whole intake tract from the current dump point. Benefits:
Cooler eventual intake temps
Faster DV response
Less turbo spool down on shifts and off throttle
No heat related problems with the DV

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
IB4TL

Lou Mauririririririiiiii is a worse thread de-railer than me, even.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Another less talked about way of reducing intake temps would be a relocated diverter valve to right before the tb

Water meth+ relocated DV+ upgraded intercooler= more cooling then anyone would probably need

Just trying to redirect this thread guys....

This is what I run. I'm not BT, but most BT setups run DV relocation for the reasons your stated in your previous posts.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
the great majority of the time you're recirculating air ie: the DV is open and dumping hot air from right off the turbo exit pipe back into the intake. By relocating the DV to just before the Throttle body, you're now recirculating cool air that has already passed through the intercoolers. You're also depressurizing the system at the point of obstruction (The throttle body), not the whole intake tract from the current dump point. Benefits:
Faster DV response

I dig Modshack's thinking (and respect his opinion)....

can someone tell me who the fuck "alibaba" is??? :iono:

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Faster DV response

oh i def am a fan of dv relocation, id just be curious to see the effect on IAT's, if any....

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
holy crap, this useless thread blew up to 11 pages?
you guys are silly

Status
Not open for further replies.