GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting review for you Golf R guys!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, but they are rating the car as is, the SAME way they rate every other car. Completely fair.

As a buyer, you look at tuning potential, as a reviewer, you don't.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
never said not fair...

Didn't say you did. And I'm the same way. As I was reading the article I was thinking how easy it is to fix each gripe. It's hard not to think that way when I read reviews of cars that have tuning potential. But that's the difference between a consumer and a reviewer.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Mixed Feelings (price tag +mods).Who knows in the future,its value could be accessible.Still a future Vdub classic.There is no perfect car.

Last edited:

DummyBear

Ready to race!
i say one thing that VW can do is to give us summer tires as stock in the US, that is the only disappointment i have so far with the R. seriously, why dunlop all season? whyyyyyy

and their estimate sales for the golf R is 3000 units (doesn't seem like vw is trying to make big bucks from its flagship performance golf r anyways), i can't imagine a big car manufacturer like vw will costs them more than 300$ max for each car to upgrade from All season to summer tires, which is no more than 1 million$ for them....

Last edited:

r1eater

Passed Driver's Ed
Didn't say you did. And I'm the same way. As I was reading the article I was thinking how easy it is to fix each gripe. It's hard not to think that way when I read reviews of cars that have tuning potential. But that's the difference between a consumer and a reviewer.

I'm pretty much the same way. I read and watched a bunch of reviews and posts about the R before buying it. I listened to the complaints and though is this something that is important to me that I can either address via aftermarket, or something i can just live with. The R is far from perfect but I still love it! :happyanim:

copizza

Ready to race!
Waiting to install VWR intake, APR downpipe, HPFP and Stage 2 tune. 19" Wheels from Santa, then if I dont like it then..... maybe then I will trade it for a GTI. :lol: