GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is Brake flush neccesary ?

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
My car has 30k and I need need to change be rotors and pads soon. My questions is how many of you think is necessary to flush the brake ?

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
My dealer did mine for free as part of the 30k service.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Might as well as get it done since your doing the brakes, wont really cost you much

^ This

It won't cost that much and is a good idea given age and mileage and that you'll be in there anyway. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cures.

McQueen77

Banned
My dealer did mine for free as part of the 30k service.

truth one. OP, look in the back of your owner's manual. past the 120k miles service page, there is a page about additional services and it says change brake fluid every 30k miles (1st service included in complimentary service plan). its free and if the dealer gives you any flack show them your manual.

yes you should do it. and anyway, new rotors and pads at 30K??? do you track the car often or something or do you just drive like a psychopath?

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
truth one. OP, look in the back of your owner's manual. past the 120k miles service page, there is a page about additional services and it says change brake fluid every 30k miles (1st service included in complimentary service plan). its free and if the dealer gives you any flack show them your manual.

yes you should do it. and anyway, new rotors and pads at 30K??? do you track the car often or something or do you just drive like a psychopath?

Well i mean i dont need it yet. But looking at the pad's life it seem like by next few month it should wear down . I live in the city which alot stop and go traffic if that make sense.

McQueen77

Banned
Well i mean i dont need it yet. But looking at the pad's life it seem like by next few month it should wear down . I live in the city which alot stop and go traffic if that make sense.

i guess that makes sense, but i drive in l.a. every day and my pads still have plenty of life.

allset

Go Kart Champion
The brake system isnt a closed, sealed system, it does at times need to take in outside air, and whatever dust and dirt is in the air. Eventually that builds up in your lines and resevoir. So IMO, yes it should be changed every 40-50k