GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leather Shift Knob

Shifter

I have a 2012 GTI and was wondering is anyone making an all leather shift knob that will match the factory trim? What manufactures should I look at?

Thanks

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
i'll trade ya, with cash on top[/QUOTE

What kind of shape is yours in? I would be willing to trade mine for a TDI knob and some cash depending on condition. My car only has 4800 miles so its basically new.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Just wanted to say dealing with toneman was a great experience. It's nice to know there are still people willing to go out of their way to make a deal happen and no issues whatsoever. Traded my GTI shift knob and boot for his TDI shift knob and boot plus some change. Worked out. If your looking for a leather shift knob this is the way to go.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
I swapped in a TDI knob in my GTI and like the feel of it much better. Plus it sits a bit lower than the gti knob.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Agreed. It does sit shorter and feels more solid. I like the feel of it being a little bigger and leather. I post pics a little later on. So far I love it.

Edit: Here are the pics. Now I'm gonna have to trade him the E brake handle so everything can match. LOL

Last edited:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Agreed. It does sit shorter and feels more solid. I like the feel of it being a little bigger and leather. I post pics a little later on. So far I love it.

Edit: Here are the pics. Now I'm gonna have to trade him the E brake handle so everything can match. LOL

That looks nice. Looks to be quite a bit shorter than the GTI knob.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Well you gotta remember that I also already have the shifter shaft modified so it sits lower because of that too. But the TDI knob is shorter. I have before pics.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Well you gotta remember that I also already have the shifter shaft modified so it sits lower because of that too. But the TDI knob is shorter. I have before pics.

Ah ok, didn't realize you shortened the shaft.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Love the TDI knob. Don't get people who switch for the gti knob. To each his own I guess.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I guess when you start out with the TDI knob you just want something different. LOL I'm glad he wanted to swap. Just waiting on the E brake handle now. We swapped those too so everything would match.