GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaving it parked for 2 weeks

TDI110

O_o
I've left my car in parking for over 4 weeks once. The only problem I had were the brake pads fusing to the rotors. Don't pull the hand brake.

Others might have some better tips.

jb606

Passed Driver's Ed
Two weeks is no big deal. The only thing I'd do is make sure the car has a full tank of gas.

cobie56

Ready to race!
i sometime leave my gti, and other vehicles, parked in my garage for 2-3 months at a time and nothing happens... i make sure the take is full, full and the tires are pumped up to 40 lbs to avoid flats spots... when i return they start up every time right away, no flats spots on the tires other than for out-the-driveway.... been doing this for years w/o issue.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
What happens on dealer lots?

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
What happens on dealer lots?

Exactly what I was thinking, I wouldn't sweat it. Based on the CarFax info my GTi sat on the lot for at least a week or two before I picked it up. In chilly conditions with little less than a quarter tank of gas (that's what it had on the test drive), but at least the previous owners waxed it for me :p. A month in, haven't noticed anything I could attribute to it being parked outside for a while.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I left my cars for 6 weeks many times, never had issues with battery, i kept my handbrake down and left in 1st

Bino

Go Kart Champion
I only drive my car once a month to the meet. No issues so far.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
I parked my car for winter since Oct 1st, only start it once a month and it has no problem.

kwalton

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine has been parked for at least 2 months under a cover in front of my house. The only issue I have come across before is battery drain. I have a small trickle charger that I connect every once in a while to maintain it.

Wrecksigge

Passed Driver's Ed
I've left my car in parking for over 4 weeks once. The only problem I had were the brake pads fusing to the rotors. Don't pull the hand brake.

Others might have some better tips.

This ^ Leave it without the handbreak and you are fine.

clownish

just clowning around
I left my car parked in a garage for 3 weeks just this last month. No problems started right up. And it was like -10F for most of that time.