GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

Epic800

Ready to race!
I have a 2010 GTI and I am trying to run my DRL as my fogs. After a few hours my DRLs reset back to the actual DRLs. What may be I doing wrong?

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2010 GTI and I am trying to run my DRL as my fogs. After a few hours my DRLs reset back to the actual DRLs. What may be I doing wrong?

for 2010's its a little different than following the usual guide posted...however, it should not have worked at all intially and not be "resetting" if you followed the guide...

you need to google specifically 2010 DRL's off before you can activate the DRL's as fogs and it work properly

at least with my Bi-xenon 2010 is what i had to do

Epic800

Ready to race!
for 2010's its a little different than following the usual guide posted...however, it should not have worked at all intially and not be "resetting" if you followed the guide...

you need to google specifically 2010 DRL's off before you can activate the DRL's as fogs and it work properly

at least with my Bi-xenon 2010 is what i had to do

Alright, I will follow that. It worked the night I had my friend code it in. Then the next morning my DRLs were back to normal.

chips

Passed Driver's Ed
What transmission - manual or DSG?
It is not something you enable by vag-com. The manual has the procedure for it.

For DSG transmission. I know that you're gonna tell me that all GTI MK6 have enable launch control, but my question is, what if don't have enable from fabric launch control, is there a way to enable it?

Thanks.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
For DSG transmission. I know that you're gonna tell me that all GTI MK6 have enable launch control, but my question is, what if don't have enable from fabric launch control, is there a way to enable it?

Thanks.

You want to launch the fabric???? :iono:

what happens if you check bit 0 instead of bit 2 of byte 12 in central electronics for the coming home feature? What is the difference between the two?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know of there's a way to have the taillights on with drls?

Late reply but the short answer is no if you're trying to just VAG-COM it. (I searched like a MoFo for a code but non-exist.) :mad0259:

Only way to get the rear tails to run as "drl" is buying/installing the euro switch and possibly doing the "trigger" wire mod plus VAG-COM. I didn't want to hassle with it so I gave up.

There are some helpful peeps on this thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog.

Me007gold

Ready to race!
Thank you for this, had my vagcom sitting on my tool chest for the past month, finally got around do using it, and this made it very easy.

For those that want to disable the door chime with the key in and the d/s door open, you need to change your cluster to RoW, directions are under "disable drls with turn signal" Then you have to go back in to your cluster, and change your settings back to mph and degrees.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
The thing I can't seem to change is the door chime for when the lights are on but the key is out of the ignition. Being in Canada I have DRL and because I have a Euro switch with sensor the DRLs don't go out the second you turn off the car. So, if I turn off the car, pull the key out, then open the door the car 'dings' for a few seconds, then the lights shut off. I've changed the settings to "RoW", but that didn't effect anything at all.

DanielToombs

Passed Driver's Ed
2 questions:

1: Is this something you could pay the dealer to do? (so all changes are officially on record and all warranties remain intact). Say for instance, bring in a detailed list of which changes you'd like, and ask how much they'd charge for the time/labor.

2: Has anyone tried XDS set to 1? I assume that is somewhere between stock(0) and "agressive"(2) differential lock. I read that most change this to "2," I just wonder if anyone has played with both intensities.