GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for Flat Bottom Steering Wheel OEM GTI MK6 DSG

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to locate an OEM flat bottom steering wheel for my 2011 GTi DSG and cant seem to find one. I see that there are some aftermarket ones, but the design is a little different, and was hoping to find an original. All it really needs is reupholstering but even that is hard to find. There was a brand new one a few months back on ECS website, and I should have grabbed it, but its gone now. Any ideas on where I can get a new one?

Thanks in advance!

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
There's lots of them online.......just google MK6 GTI steering wheel. Hey. They're NOT cheap.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Have you considered wrapping it yourself? I put a new cover on mine and was very pleased with the results.
you reminded me of the cover I bought a while ago, I have to hand-stitch to the steering wheel.... which is why I have not done it yet, it will take time...

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
There's lots of them online.......just google MK6 GTI steering wheel. Hey. They're NOT cheap.
I'd pay big bucks for the steering wheel with the RPM lights and the digital dash in the middle of the steering wheel.

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you considered wrapping it yourself? I put a new cover on mine and was very pleased with the results.
I have looked into it but Im sure it will be a pain, and I dont want to wrap it above the existing one. Id rather pay a little extra and have it done correctly. Ultimately my main reason for wanting it re-wrapped is because the bottom left has ripped. I was hoping that they might be able to repair it like they would repair the leather on the seat, but I guess we will see when I get there.

Right now I have another issue I have to worry about first, and thats replacing the DSG Clutch pack. Bought the part from ECS Tuning for 40% off, and now getting quotes on the cost to install it.