GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Macbook Air Owners....question for you

yunone

Ready to race!
I am currently using the 11.6 model and have used the 13.3 model for some time in the past. I am debating between the two and while i must say that the 13.3 has always been my favorite because of the larger screen size, using the smaller of the two this past week while working and traveling has been great and making me consider purchasing the smaller version.

What I like about the 11.6 model
  • marginally lighter
  • smaller size is nice for travel and moving around the office(this actually surprised me as i thought it would be my biggest gripe)
  • comfortable keyboard size
  • bit more comfy when actually using it in your lap in front of the tv or on the porch

Why I am still considering the larger size
  • higher resolution screen
  • longer battery life
  • slightly larger keyboard, not a must have over the 11.6 version
  • additional ports
  • less adjusting of the zoom level, this is probably the largest gripe i can come up

What size do you have and what did you consider when making the purchase?

Final note: The new version with Haswell architecture is freaking awesome! Battery life is all day amazing and have no complaints with speed of the CPUs.

PC son.

lol. :thumbsup:

get the 11 small is the new, new. ipad mini for instance. you don't want to seem out dated in the apple world.

friend has the 13, really likes it.

that battery time will be the same due to the same power.

plus with the money you save= more money for the gti. :laugh:

yunone

Ready to race!
lol. :thumbsup:

get the 11 small is the new, new. ipad mini for instance. you don't want to seem out dated in the apple world.

friend has the 13, really likes it.

that battery time will be the same due to the same power.

plus with the money you save= more money for the gti. :laugh:

i am really happy with the 11 inch MBA, its got a lot going for it.

For battery, the 13 has more life in its being.....its the troof

To finish...i dont believe in money...i believe in happiness.....so yes to more mods

soze

Go Kart Champion
I use the 13, only because it's my main computer, and I'm using it as a desktop replacement dual booting osx and windows 8. I do development work on the windows side. I probably should have gotten a pro, but the air is too convenient.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I really like my 13. Got it for $999 at BB. The 11 looked more like a tablet with a keyboard. I like the bigger keyboard and having more screen to view. I run vmWare Fusion to fire up Windows machines when needed.

It's all a matter of personal preference. Go for the 11, if it has what you need/want. Either way, both are nice, light and fast laptops.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I've had a couple of each. Always ended up deciding the 11" just didn't provide enough real estate for comfortable forum viewing.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I have the 11" and for me its perfect. I spend so many hours on campus walking around and in class I needed something super light. This fit the bill and battery life is good. Only hummer is WiFi sometimes acts up which is a common problem.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
When I come home I plug it into a 24" Samsung monitor and put the the laptop on a rain design dock. Bam instant desktop setup and I got dual screens.

yunone

Ready to race!
When I come home I plug it into a 24" Samsung monitor and put the the laptop on a rain design dock. Bam instant desktop setup and I got dual screens.

Thanks for the feedback. There is an update for the new Haswell models that addresses the wifi connectivity concern.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I just sold my 2010 13" MBA for the new model. It's nice only having to charge it every couple days. I wouldn't want anything smaller than a 13" outside of a tablet.

yunone

Ready to race!
I just sold my 2010 13" MBA for the new model. It's nice only having to charge it every couple days. I wouldn't want anything smaller than a 13" outside of a tablet.

we are thinking along the same lines, but the 11.6 is working well. This is why its so hard to make a choice :)

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
I just got my 13 mb air a couple weeks ago. I got the education discount plus a 100 dollar iTunes gift card, not sure if that promotion is going on tho. For my needs, it's honestly the best computer I've ever used. I use it for hours at school, then at the library and the battery never goes below 45%

Whatever you choose, make sure to say you're a student so you get the education discount. They don't verify this. Or say you're buying it for your "kid" or something

Also for what it's worth, I believe best buy is selling the new MB pro RETINA for like 300 bucks off... worth checking out.