GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maskari_GTI's Build Thread .. K04 INSIDE!

Sometimes those small things makes us hate the car!

Well K04 is awesome. Puts a smile on my face every time I put my foot down. That's enough for me power-wise and time to concentrate on suspension and handling mods now.

Suspension ? You already have the KW v3 that should be quite good, no? How about the engine mount? Is that your next mod? I ll still haven't decided whether or not to install them as 90% of the time I'm stuck in city traffic and don't want to get too much vibrations while not moving...

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Suspension ? You already have the KW v3 that should be quite good, no? How about the engine mount? Is that your next mod? I ll still haven't decided whether or not to install them as 90% of the time I'm stuck in city traffic and don't want to get too much vibrations while not moving...

Yup, the KW V3 is awesome but i was referring to other suspension upgrades like sway bars, polyurethane bushes ... etc
So far I'm good with the mounts but maybe sometime in summer.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Update on the car ..

Took my car in for the 45,000KM service and asked them to replace my DSG oil. They suggested that they first check for any faulty sensors instead of changing the oil. Anyway, they found out that my clutch needs replacement and they did. But then, they couldn't do the calibrating and turned out that the mechatronic unit went KAPUT!
So now the car will stay at the dealers for sometime. Let's say another 2-3 weeks ... :(

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I had to go to the dealer and see that my parts are actually being sent to Germany for a warranty claim.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
15th March 2013

A quick update on my DSG issue, will be at the dealers tomorrow and hopefully get my car back on Sunday (fingers crossed).

And yea, I made this video of me against a Revo tuned K04 a couple of days before my DSG issue. It's in the MK6 vs .... section. I hope you enjoy it.

Unitronic K04 vs Revo K04

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Hopefully all turns out well with your DSG!

Little suggestion..update the first post too...will be nice after couple years to easily see your progress! :D

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully all turns out well with your DSG!

Little suggestion..update the first post too...will be nice after couple years to easily see your progress! :D

Thanks bro. I really hope that the DSG will give me no issues again. I wish if I went to manual transmission now :(

Cheers for the suggestion, all done sir :thumbsup:

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
19th March 2013

FINALLY!!! I got my car back after so so sooooo long :happyanim:

Now with a new clutch and mechatronic the car feels so much smoother. I don't know if I want to tune my DSG again! Not saying that it was the tune which caused the mechatronic become defective, but I was lucky to get it covered under warranty this tim. I've seen the bill and the mechatronic it self costs $4100!

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Awesome to hear! Now post a proper video. To be completely honest..that video with the clutch slipping is a turn off whenever k04 comes to my mind LOL

Sent from my iPhone with typos

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Awesome to hear! Now post a proper video. To be completely honest..that video with the clutch slipping is a turn off whenever k04 comes to my mind LOL

Sent from my iPhone with typos

HaHaHaHa i know bro! I'll take another one and post it up here in the coming few days. A MKV GTI owner here keeps relating clutch slippage to a faulty MAF. And I remember I had one those days and got replaced under warranty.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
22nd March 2013

Got my self new front tires. Went for Nitto NT05. They are a biiiiit noisier than the previous ones (Bridgestone Potenza) but the way it grips is awesome!

I also managed to drive the car for a constant 400KM with various driving style to see how the DSG acts. So far everything seems alright and the shifting is smooth. The only thing I noticed is when I give it a partial throttle, the car acts up weirdly. Its hesitates and feels slow then all of the sudden the boost goes up and the car suddenly moves fast! I don't know if that makes sense but yea...I keep getting this error code so could it be the reason of this weird hesitation?

008342 - Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Correction; Bank 1
P2096 - 000 - Too Lean - MIL ON

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
11th May 2013

Decided to go with OZ Ultraleggeras. Only question is, 18" or 19??

I did a quick photoshop.

Open to your opinions.

Last edited:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
22nd March 2013

Got my self new front tires. Went for Nitto NT05. They are a biiiiit noisier than the previous ones (Bridgestone Potenza) but the way it grips is awesome!

I also managed to drive the car for a constant 400KM with various driving style to see how the DSG acts. So far everything seems alright and the shifting is smooth. The only thing I noticed is when I give it a partial throttle, the car acts up weirdly. Its hesitates and feels slow then all of the sudden the boost goes up and the car suddenly moves fast! I don't know if that makes sense but yea...I keep getting this error code so could it be the reason of this weird hesitation?

008342 - Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Correction; Bank 1
P2096 - 000 - Too Lean - MIL ON

Are your symptoms anything like a bunch of us are having in the acceleration issue thread?

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Are your symptoms anything like a bunch of us are having in the acceleration issue thread?

I haven't been on the forum for a while now so I didn't follow up the thread. Link please?