GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7

tam1

how are the mk7s doing? save for a few turbos I hear, did the new tsi get everything sorted out?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
#everygtiownerever

it is made by mexican'ts therefore it sucks.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
a local guy here just blew up his dsg using launch control.

only had 6,000 miles or so.

Betogli

Ready to race!
#everygtiownerever

it is made by mexican'ts therefore it sucks.

That's absolutely racist man! By the way Mexican's VW Factory is better than the one at Chattanooga for sure.

They're ensembled at Mexico under German norms... Other than that a lot of the things you use are made in Asia and they're not crappy because of that... My 0.2 Cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevekd128

Ready to race!
ive had a dsg blow on a mk7 gti at work. less than 1k miiles
plus wouldnt these things be cheaper since they are made closer? what gives

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
ive had a dsg blow on a mk7 gti at work. less than 1k miiles
plus wouldnt these things be cheaper since they are made closer? what gives

The tranny's are the same as mk6. Turbo failure has dissipated. It was bad for a while. But even if it did blow, they've all been covered under warranty regardless of tune. Haven't heard of a new case for a while. Rev T turbos and G seemed to have fixed it save for 1 guy.

Overall the car is absolutely amazing compared to the mk6. Not knocking the mk6 at all, I loved mine. But the build quality, the steering, and the power from Eurodyne stage 2 is just freaking awesome. The car feels nimbler, and the manual tranny shifts 10x better with these new clutches. Also the clutches aren't failing even from the massive torque of stage 2.

I haven't had a single problem with mine, nor my brother. And problems are expected from a first model year.

All cars have their pros and cons. Anyone who actually hates the mk7 because it's assembled in Mexico is just ignorant. It's one thing to joke about it, but if you go around saying that it sucks and mean it, it's because you don't own one, Haven't driven one, Or can't afford a new one.