GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Custom Grille Emblem Thread (Pic heavy)

IceNine

if this turns out to be too much then the Wolfsburg castle is a strong contender in my book. What does your time frame look like?

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
used a pic to cad program to get an idea of how it would look. Basically the area in between the feathers would be gone as they go down to about .017" when scaled to the size for the emblem.

Andrew

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
if this turns out to be too much then the Wolfsburg castle is a strong contender in my book. What does your time frame look like?

Still aways out :( I really don't want to get to deep into this project until I have my CNC mill up and running. I might have it running by the end of the year, but no promises on that!

Andrew

IceNine

i actually like the one you just posted. Matte black on the ring and honeycomb. Red eagle. BAM! Or maybe reverse the colors.

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
i actually like the one you just posted. Matte black on the ring and honeycomb. Red eagle. BAM! Or maybe reverse the colors.

Problem is that is just the rough cad geo from the pic to cad program. I'd still have to go thru the whole thing and redraw it with arcs and angled lines. Right now its looks more like it came from and etch-a-sketch :lol: (everything is straight line segments in the x or y axis).

Not sure when I'll get to editing the geo, but at least I'll be able to do one side and mirror it over :thumbup:

Andrew

SYNNER

I'm pretty interested in purchasing one. I've been lurking but not really ready to post much yet. But will be eyeing this

The-S

Ready to race!

Curious how this would look. My neighbor already calls my GTI the vader mobile

Or maybe this.... Sorry for the double post.

Hexagonz

Aperture Labs Logo

Feels like I've been lurking this thread for years before I finally made a choice.

Could I have my name put down for an aperture logo?

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Feels like I've been lurking this thread for years before I finally made a choice.

Could I have my name put down for an aperture logo?

Added to list, You know there is a Octagon in the center right? Just wanted to make sure given your screen name :p

this is exactly what i want man. please let me know if you still think you could make it for a mk5. i can send you my emblems to make it off of.

added, but you signature says 09 jetta 2.0T, so wolfsburg edition? If so is it the same as the standard MKV jetta as far as the emblem size? I think the grill is a little different than the standard jetta. I know the GLI has a smaller emblem.

I fell like we had this talk before :confused: Either way it may still be awhile as I haven't done anything with any other grill other than the MKVI Golf\GTI\R
grill.

O...... and my machine is still in pieces for modification\conversion :rolleyes:

Andrew

kern417

Go Kart Champion
added, but you signature says 09 jetta 2.0T, so wolfsburg edition? If so is it the same as the standard MKV jetta as far as the emblem size? I think the grill is a little different than the standard jetta. I know the GLI has a smaller emblem.

I fell like we had this talk before :confused: Either way it may still be awhile as I haven't done anything with any other grill other than the MKVI Golf\GTI\R
grill.

O...... and my machine is still in pieces for modification\conversion :rolleyes:

Andrew

yep we talked about it before that's why i came in begging haha. yes it is the same as the jetta grille not the honeycomb one. that's why i said if necessary i can send my emblems for you to mock it off of. idk how much time you want to commit to this but if interested you could always post up on golfmkv and see if anyone on there wants emblems made too.