GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

n00b Detailing Questions

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Can anyone give me a good 1-2-3 or however many steps on what products to use and in what steps?

I'll most likely order the products and have a local detailer do the work. I just need to get a basic understanding of the process.

TIA!

:thumbup:

it really depends on the condition of your paint and also how much work/time/money you want to spend correcting it. Since you are having a professional detailer do the work , have him check out your car and see what he reccomends.

As far a products go , there are tons of good products available out there and everyone has there own preferences.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!

godsspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
im not professional by ANY mean, but i:
1) washed car
2) clayed car
3) cutting compound and med pad
4) finishing/polishing compound & pad
5) Waxed car

what i learned was that i need more pads!! i practically wasted the time i spent on probably half the car (barely saw much improvement in swirls.... so they could be deeper than expected or it was due to using same pad for whole car). i plan to order 2 more of each pad and use 3 next time around. i plan this because i found that my PC polisher got pretty hot, so my thinking is switching pads more often will help keep the pad temp down and hopefully yield better results.

is that what you were looking for regarding procedure?

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
im not professional by ANY mean, but i:
1) washed car
2) clayed car
3) cutting compound and med pad
4) finishing/polishing compound & pad
5) Waxed car

what i learned was that i need more pads!! i practically wasted the time i spent on probably half the car (barely saw much improvement in swirls.... so they could be deeper than expected or it was due to using same pad for whole car). i plan to order 2 more of each pad and use 3 next time around. i plan this because i found that my PC polisher got pretty hot, so my thinking is switching pads more often will help keep the pad temp down and hopefully yield better results.

is that what you were looking for regarding procedure?

yes, that does help. thank you.