GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help fixing the gap between front bumper and panel

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Hey guys I noticed yesterday that I have a small gap on the left side of the car where the front number and quarter panel meet right in front of the wheel on the drivers side . It doesn't seem the like the bumper is loose as it is not moving or shaking at all when I touch it. A few days ago I parked and my frot bumper just barely scraped over the top of the concrete stop in the spot, when I went to reverse just to make sure I wasn't on it I heard a small noise as if it were caught or hung up a little on the cement block but it released without much effort , sounded like it pulled down on the bumper a bit and now I've noticed the small gap , how can I fix this please help it is annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks in advance

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
Posting photos might help. Most of the time you will have to take off that side of the bumper and refit it, it is possible that the bracket that holds the top edge of the bumper (runs under the fender and headlight) was damaged which would mean removing the entire bumper and replacing the bracket.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Posting photos might help. Most of the time you will have to take off that side of the bumper and refit it, it is possible that the bracket that holds the top edge of the bumper (runs under the fender and headlight) was dam
aged which would mean removing the entire bumper and replacing the bracket.[/

If it was just bent slightly and not broken do you think it can be bent back without removing it

Doesn't seem to be any lower under the headlight, looks like it just got pulled down right in front of the fender screw in front of the wheel,

Ill take a couple pics and show you guys

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
I have this same problem. I didn't realize you could just replace a single bracket. Hot damn.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Thanks guys I can get some pics up in about an hour

djrobot

Passed Driver's Ed
I finally got a pic of my similar issue.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
That looks like the support is broken underneith. Only way to tell is to take out the grill, take the two screws out of the front of the bumper, then take the three screws out of each wheel well just to drop the top part of the bumper (did this when installing HIDs) And look at the bracket, if the bracket is broken, need a new one, if not, then might have to just try to reangle the bumper before putting it all back together and see if that helps... If not, Body Shop Time!

kram

Ready to race!

I have the SAME issue! I think it happened the day I brought the car home & backed out of the driveway....scrapped the passenger side & the bumper popped right at the headlight.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion

Here, I can see that the two clips closest to the headlight are not attached to hard plastic bracket behind the bumper.

I suggest you remove the 5 bumper screws in the fender lining and pull that side of the bumper off and analyze whats going on in there.

There SHOULD be 5 'male' clips in there that should go with the 5 'female' clips on the bumper. as i can see in the pIcture, you're missing at least 2 connecions

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
That looks like the support is broken underneith. Only way to tell is to take out the grill, take the two screws out of the front of the bumper, then take the three screws out of each wheel well just to drop the top part of the bumper (did this when installing HIDs) And look at the bracket, if the bracket is broken, need a new one, if not, then might have to just try to reangle the bumper before putting it all back together and see if that helps... If not, Body Shop Time!

Sorry, I meant you should do all of this too.