GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neighbor taped a piece of paper on my car

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I have a bunch of neighbors like this and my parents are even slightly like this. Thankfully my apt has my own driveway. I really don't get it if you don't want people parking on the street in front of your house go buy a house in the woods or something.

walker

Go Kart Newbie
I've left a note on a car once. At my complex there's limited spaces so to be fair I used to park my car and my motorcycle in one spot. It worked because I had a golf, very small and both vehicles still fit. The advantage was I'd always have my spot near my apartment.

One night though, there was a chrysler 300M parked there, actually touching the engine guards on the bike, and the back end sticking out of the spot. It's a very long car. I feared someone knocking over the bike if this became habit. So I wrote a polite note and asked him not to park there, and never had a problem after that. But I left it in the windshield, would never use tape on someone's car!

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Tell them "suck my asshole with jelly ". Jk jk . What I would do is tell them you don't appreciate them leaving notes and touching your car. Then get a dog abd walk it everyday to shit in their lawn . Call it even ?

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
Screw all this niceness. Jack off in there mailbox and call it a day.

Or piss on the car door Handel and play the waiting game !

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I would consider taking the opportunity when it arises to introduce yourself to them (maybe when you both happen to be outside at the same time) and let them know it is your car and tell them the circumstances that caused you to park there. Apologize, suggest to them that instead of putting a note on your vehicle to please call you instead. Exchange phone numbers as a neighborly thing to do so that either of you can contact the other for any reason in the future. Be friendly and neighborly about it and see how they react to it.

I have had parking wars with the neighbors before and it can get nasty. A hostile relationship definitely can lead to property damage, harassment or vandalism to your vehicle.

I would attempt to disarm them by being neighborly and friendly, It may be mission impossible but hopefully the beginning of a friendly relationship with them.

Good luck with it.

That...

Most of the other responses here are just childish and rude (funny... but still childish and rude). You gotta live with these people next door/across the street from you after whatever action you take, so just keep in mind anything you do that is rude, mean, or mildly destructive will likely get a similar if not escalated response...

Having a bad neighbor who is out to get you can make your life hell...

Last edited:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Jesus. Definitely confront them, but nicely. You don't want them Pushing you around. Or touching your car. They need to learn there place.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Instead of all the usual "your neighbor is an asshole" replies though, I have had neighbors who parks by the curb of my house a regularly. And sometimes it gets annoying. My family had 2 cars, both of our cars park in our garage. My neighbor and his extended family(and/or renters) at the time had maybe 6 or 7 cars, and they just litter them all over the place. They even drove over our lawn sometimes thinking we are not watching to move the cars stuck deeper up the driveway to get out. We didn't leave a note on their cars, we talked to them, and for a few days its fine. But after its back to normal. Its tempting to "accidentally" break their window while doing "yardwork" or something.... We were happy when they finally moved....

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
I had a neighbor do that to me after I parked my car two houses and around the corner from mine... not even in-front of any drive ways but parallel to the side of the house. Sheesh, some people...

walker

Go Kart Newbie
This really has nothing to do with the OP but I need to vent here, and why start a new thread.

The way the buildings in my apartment complex sit, there's very limited space in my parking lot. Each building has it's own lot, but people from the adjacent building park in my lot, because it is a few steps closer to their back door. Since I work nights I come home at odd times, and I'm stuck parking several buildings/parking lots away. Honestly I don't mind walking, but I like to park my car where I can keep an eye on it.

I've mentioned it to the management once. They said they would take care of it, but nothing has changed. I'm thinking of leaving the offenders a note posing as the management, telling them to use their own damn lot!