GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New car to me issues...

CarnageMk6

Okay ladies and gents let's start it this way. It's a 2010 gti 122k on the clock. Now got it with 3 codes on the test drive nothing was wrong. Drove for 15 mins with previous owner and nothing seemed odd. Got home 45 mins after the test and got cel and noises. Noise I've narrowed down to pretty much a dmf failure. Got the clutch here and ready to throw in. Now for the codes, the car has an afe intake. No sap delete all hoses and components are there just no breathe run the inlet. So I throw one on. Po tells me that it needs a cam speed sensor, replaced that, maf sensor replaced that. And it throws the sap valve A open code. Figured okay, that didnt fix it. So I go out last night and run the cel comes back now with random mis, cyl 3 mis, sap V. A, still. I clear codes run again and get the same result. I figure it may be throwing the misfire due to being cold today I go drive around get it to 190, shut it off throw the reader on and now have 7 faults. Maf sensor, cam sensor, misfire 3 and random, and 2 for sap valve A open.
Anyone know if this could be a alt/battery issue or coils/plugs.... thanks

CarnageMk6

Try to identify misfire by swapping ignition coils.
What are the actual codes you get?
I will swap coils today and see what happens,
Vw codes :
P0100 x2 mass or volume airflow circuit
P0016 crankshaft position- Camshaft position correlation- Bank 1 Sensor A
P0413 x2 Secondary Air Injection switching Valve A circuit open
P0300 random misfire
P0303 cylinder 3 misfire

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
all the sensors run on a 5v reference voltage. If the reference voltage is too low or too high it'll cause wild readings on groups of sensors. Most common cause is a bad ground or rat chewed wire.

Good luck!

CarnageMk6

all the sensors run on a 5v reference voltage. If the reference voltage is too low or too high it'll cause wild readings on groups of sensors. Most common cause is a bad ground or rat chewed wire.

Good luck!
Well damn looks like I may have some chasing to do.. is there a youtube video on common grounds that tend to be loose or a detailed walkthrough potentially on here? I searched earlier but it was kind of a jumbled mess from everyone chiming in on which are it could be and not a definite answer..

CarnageMk6

Hmmm I'll look into that as well. Got caught up with the baby boy last night so coil swap was a no go. Will try for today lol

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion
Start with coil swap and report back. ?

CarnageMk6

Got in touch with the local audi/vw guru here and he said drop it in for a diag session and he could have a proper reading for 60$ or so in about an hr to hr and 1/2. He suggested without actual diag it could be either of these or skipped timing as well since previous mods or returns to stock are unknown to myself. I'm heading home now to swap some coils and see what happens

JW with a VW

Go Kart Champion

CarnageMk6

Okay gents heres the news, the good and very ugly news. The maf is a bunk wire very easily fixed. The SAP didnt even show up on vcds. When we ran the sap test it all worked as it should have and kicked on instantly...
Heres the bad.. cylinder 3 is a wrap.

CarnageMk6

FB_IMG_1582853458293.jpg