GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Obama records at a glance

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Fuck you GunKata! I didn't come from the 1%, I worked my way up to the 1%. There's a huge fucking difference!

My father ran a fast food restaurant. My mother a secretary at a salvage yard. Both dead, I recieved a 10k death benefit when my mother passed away. No silver spoon, no college education. Just the will and desire to have a better life.

You fucking cry babies are pathetic...

Jesus man.......calm down.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
He mad?

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Naw...

He sad

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I also thought this was funny and ironic:

I'm sure Hillsofkind would agree with me, if someone told me that if I paid 10% more in taxes a year, but college would be guaranteed to our children, the quality of school would be improved, social security would be ensured / live on for all, and we had socialized medicine so that no one would be turned away for any reason - because we are a modern, civil, and compassionate society, I would gladly pay more.

I'm sorry you got upset about the 1% thing, but you tried saying I was just complaining about inequality with my bosses/company. If I made more $$, i'd expect to pay more in taxes - that is fair. And as said above, I'd gladly pay more if we as a country actually saw benefits from it instead of pissing away money on our "global empire" and giving bailouts to the companies that fucked us in the first place.

I've never said I "love" Obama, he's actually more moderate than liberal, and has done/ kept up MANY of Bush's programs and ideals, but he is better than anything else on the right, at least for now. Ron Paul.. he would have actually had a chance, I bet.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd pay MORE than 10% higher taxes if it guaranteed all of those things for all of us to benefit from as a society.

that too. My experiences in other parts of the world quickly made me realize the benefit of actually "paying for something and getting something in return" - Germany gets college and room and board paid for, health care, etc.

The kids I hung out with weren't rolling in Audi's or anything, but their parents had decent homes and jobs, and they were enjoying life just fine - never having to worry about someone fucking them over like we have to here.

A lot of people don't know what its like in the rest of the world but like to complain about their taxes. Well, those people actually get something tangible back for them.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I think i just chose my background entertainment for while I'm sanding the walls/ceiling in my front hall tomorrow.

In nov of 2010 I bought my house for less than half what it sold for in 05.. this shit ain't all bad :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think i just chose my background entertainment for while I'm sanding the walls/ceiling in my front hall tomorrow.

In nov of 2010 I bought my house for less than half what it sold for in 05.. this shit ain't all bad :)

good deal, you are very lucky then :) I sold my condo in 07, made a big profit, but now im eating some of that with the house i bought, since the values dropped substantially. It should go up some day... eventually... some time :laugh:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Fuck you GunKata! I didn't come from the 1%, I worked my way up to the 1%. There's a huge fucking difference!

My father ran a fast food restaurant. My mother a secretary at a salvage yard. Both dead, I recieved a 10k death benefit when my mother passed away. No silver spoon, no college education. Just the will and desire to have a better life.

You fucking cry babies are pathetic...

Honestly, good for you to work from nothing to 1%. But just because you were able to achieve that, doesn't mean every person can do the same thing even if they work as hard.since w are looking at facts and stats, as I've posted before, people with higher education does statistically better off in their life time. If society give more people better chance at better education, chances for people to be self sufficient and not relying on government support is much better. That i believe in longer term actually will save government money.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
That i believe in longer term actually will save government money.
The problem is that the government will never give up the money it takes in. Ever.

Every time the government spends $1 it will spend that dollar again year in, year out. Someone will always pass a spending bill to keep that dollar going to someone who will vote for them. Then next year we'll need to increase that $1 to $1.10 to improve the service the government is providing.

The New Deal was meant to put people back to work by having the Federal government spend money it didn't have to build public works. It was borrowing against future prosperity to jump start things (does this sound familiar - we hear the necessity for this in every recession). People love to tout supply side economics for all kinds of wonderful purposes - but those programs never end and keep costing more and more.

For example:
If society give more people better chance at better education, chances for people to be self sufficient and not relying on government support is much better.
Great, so we throw taxpayer dollars at some kids' college educations. [I paid for my college education completely out of pocket working part time, where were my federal dollars back then?] What happens when colleges gradually raise tuition? We need more tax dollars, don't we?

and we had socialized medicine so that no one would be turned away for any reason
What happens when insurance companies raise their premiums? When drug companies raise their prices? When doctors raise their rates? We need more tax dollars, don't we?

social security would be ensured / live on for all
What happens when assisted living costs go up? When medical costs go up? When life expectancy continues to rise and people want to draw Social Security checks for longer periods of time? Social Security is a pyramid scheme, by the way. We need more tax dollars, don't we?

Can't you guys see the point? The more dollars you want to dedicate to your wonderful programs meant to enrich peoples' lives will cost more and more money each year. Politicians will continue to get reelected increasing those spending bills each year. Where does it end? Where does the money come from?

FYI I'm an underpaid local government employee who hasn't seen a pay raise since 2007. I saved two years for my downpayment to buy my GTI after my other car had a piston ring failure.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The government is trying to regulate healthcare costs and has already adjusted the age on SS - it will continue to go up as the avg life expectancy goes up. Both have nothing to do directly with taxes (as far as necessarily increasing a specific tax, but more or less concentrating more from the budget to the allocation for it).. start researching more.

I am sorry about your underpaidness and lack of a pay raise - remember, the right wants you to be gone completely, as gov't is "too big", except when its trying to tell women what to do with their body and what god to pray to.

I agree with you on college tuition - I paid for mine too, and have some small fed loans on the same. But if you have / had kids and were told for 5% more a year in taxes, every kid you have is guaranteed college education and room and board, would it not be worth it to you?

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Take corporations out of politics, publicly fund elections and limit everything to two terms across the board and you'll have a well balanced and much less corrupt system. Nothing destroys democracy faster than money and power.

my thoughts exactly, it will never happen though. They dont want to lose the money & power factor.