GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Offical Making Big Power/Big Turbo Thread

seanrose1976

Though I would love to show you all my tricks and secret 007 shit. I'm going to have to decline I guess you'll just have to buy a copy of hot rod magazine and read the full spread.

Super0901

Nice!!! Good info maybe going with the ATP gt30 kit. I want to try UNIs bt kit but don't know how much longer I wana wait
Fuel Upgrades

Injectors - The Factory TSI injectors do a good job at fueling up to about 400chp and then you start to see issues. To go above this you will need to install a higher flowing set of injectors. Unlike the FSI we do not have the option of using an RS4 injector. NOTE: you will need new mapping to use larger injectors do not install larger injectors without a new tune.

1. APR 3+ - only available with the kit
2. LNF Injector - sought out by a fellow member a Cobalt LNF injector does flow more than the TSI's, Giac has tuning for them.
3. Unitronic Injectors - available from Unitronic along with tuning.

Future injectors:
Loba?

Low Pressure Fuel Pump - The low pressure, in-tank, pump feeds the high pressure underhood pump. Although its not truly "low pressure" the high pressure pump needs to see 6.4 to 6.6 bar (93-96psi) to have adequate fueling for the high pressure pump to feed those larger injectors. If pressure drops that means there is less available fuel. Under WOT conditions low pressure fuel can drop as much as 40psi down to a 50psi feed pressure which is not enough.

1. USP LPFP factory fit
2. USP Parallel Pump
3. Unitronic LPFP with out without the injectors

USP has a video showing this as will as their parallel in-tank pump solution.

http://uspmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_357_40_46_94&products_id=446 (for FSI call to confirm if its the same before you order)

Unitronic LFP and Injectors

Other low pressure options include a custom surge tank setup, custom in-tank pump, inline pump possible, etc.

Pic of surge tank in progress:
Good info but not much is said about hpfp being the weakest point. I guess because its an old thread there wasnt any options but still i dont see anyone even getting to 400 with the factory hpfp.

UberFast

Ready to race!
Good info but not much is said about hpfp being the weakest point. I guess because its an old thread there wasnt any options but still i dont see anyone even getting to 400 with the factory hpfp.
This is the older of the 2 Big Turbo threads. Go read through thread #2 as well. A lot of good info. But, regarding your hpfp comment, if you're looking for big HP numbers, you need aux fueling (meth, 5th injector...).

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/big-turbo-discussion-thread-2.287803/