GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official South Florida Chat Thread

eduardot

Ready to race!
Novice School + Test & Tune at Gulf Coast Autocrossers was great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get started. Novice school is in the morning with an assigned instructor. It is not timed, and you get to do six 100% runs, one 50%, one 75%, and one of your instructor driving your car if you want to.

After that, lunch is provided and you have to work short shifts to get run tokens on the bigger test and tune course. I worked one 15 min shift and a 20 min shift, and got to do four runs afterwards.

Here is the video of some of the runs (forgot to start the gopro a couple of times). Keep in mind this is only my second event...

eduardot

Ready to race!
Next events:

4/27 - Porsche Club of America - BB&T Center
5/3-5/4 - Gulf Coast Autocrossers - Fort Myers
5/18 - Equipe Rapide - Sun Life Stadium
5/31-6/1 - Gulf Coast Autocrossers - Fort Myers

I think I'm only going to the next one from Gulf Coast Autocrossers. The others are just bad dates for me...

Brendon

Ready to race!
Haha. You're hooked! I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eduardot

Ready to race!
Haha. You're hooked! I love it!

Yeah, and it's mostly thanks to you, even though you haven't been to the last events. It also helped that a coworker is really active locally (black RX-8 STX) and knows a bunch of the regulars and organizers.

Now, the problem is that my tires will wear faster. I'm looking into a second set of wheels, but it's too much cash right now. Also, need to start looking for a rear sway bar. Finally, I might be removing my downpipe to get down to G Street instead of STX.

eduardot

Ready to race!
What class I fall in?

Not sure, the k04 is probably not allowed in DSP (where a tuned GTI would be). Also, the unibraces and w/m will affect the classification.

In the end it doesn't matter that much until you get competitive. In the two events I've been to there have been a bunch of cars in the wrong classes.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Any of you auto-X junkies wanna buy an SPM 26mm front sway bar? lol it's sitting in my garage.

I really want to try this.... Should be fun with my set up. I got a BIG rear bar.

Brendon

Ready to race!
Any of you auto-X junkies wanna buy an SPM 26mm front sway bar? lol it's sitting in my garage.

I really want to try this.... Should be fun with my set up. I got a BIG rear bar.

I have the SPM rear on the stuff setting. Turn in is great. Very huge difference. Makes it easy to lose the rear also if you are not careful. I have yet to install my SPM front which is currently sitting in my garage as well.

eduardot

Ready to race!

I have the SPM rear on the stuff setting. Turn in is great. Very huge difference. Makes it easy to lose the rear also if you are not careful. I have yet to install my SPM front which is currently sitting in my garage as well.

Does the SPM RSB squeak after a while? I know the H&R uses some special bushings that prevent this.

Brendon

Ready to race!
Does the SPM RSB squeak after a while? I know the H&R uses some special bushings that prevent this.

I have had it on the car for 6 months and no squeaks. If I recall, it came with grease for the new rear brackets and bushings it comes with to prevent squeaking.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion

Yeah it's alot of fun. :D But that front bar... it's an install im dreading. and im afraid of getting subframe clunk after i drop it. And i don't feel like spending the money on the TyrolSport subframe kit right now.