GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0036 Sensor replacements

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Error is P0036, "HO2S Heater Control Circuit, Bank 1, Sensor 2" - I resolved this twice before by replacing my o2 sensor that is under the passenger side.

It has come up now 3 times in the life of my car. And more recently because I park outside in the winter more often, this came up now twice in the last two seasons and I suspect it may be because my o2 spacer is angled downward and trapping moisture?

Talking just among other VW folks, I suspect this is the issue but anything else I should check while I replace it again?

-Running Stage 2 93 Octane file from APR

1674572684675.png

VWRLiam

Error is P0036, "HO2S Heater Control Circuit, Bank 1, Sensor 2" - I resolved this twice before by replacing my o2 sensor that is under the passenger side.

It has come up now 3 times in the life of my car. And more recently because I park outside in the winter more often, this came up now twice in the last two seasons and I suspect it may be because my o2 spacer is angled downward and trapping moisture?

Talking just among other VW folks, I suspect this is the issue but anything else I should check while I replace it again?

-Running Stage 2 93 Octane file from APR

View attachment 271167
Hi, sorry to bother you. What part did you use to fix this? I am new to the Golf r and have the same error code P0036 Bank 1 Sensor 2. Also did you use any videos to fix this? I’m not sure if it is upstream or downstream. Any help is greatly appreciated!