GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2Spec.com presents Carbon Fiber Interior Fabric Wrap (+DIY) - GTI MK6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
PM'd you

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
i work in irvine and live in costa mesa... im always on the 405, 55, 73 and sometimes 5

i love when vendors are local :)

maybe you've seen me?

hwarangi

Thank you! Trust me, by us doing figuring all this out it bypasses many aches and pains that any locals might have with installs (SoCal please ask us for help, we'll figure something out). I'm a huge fan of how it turned out.

Hm wow, believe me you could say the same about Project-808.com or Rennspec's :/... popular storefront software. Shameless plug, I know, but please support your site sponsors? We're a living breathing warehouse in the heart of Tustin!

Came with the keys...? :)

That my friend I have no clue on. Ours is a US MK6. There are a few modfications someone has to be brave through if you're looking to do a swap or wrap, which is why a DIY really has to arise from all this LOL. Thanks for the compliment!

So I take it this likely wouldn't be a very practical to reverse before returning a leased car to a dealer...?

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
So I take it this likely wouldn't be a very practical to reverse before returning a leased car to a dealer...?

Not true either, the adhesive (Super-77), with some patience can be completely removed via Goo-Gone. The entire process should be faster in reverse :).

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
They wont care or even notice. Just drop it off at another dealer and TELL THEM THATS HOW YA BOUGHT IT. Sorry Caps locked

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
I like how that turned out... Looks very OEM.

I've seen texturized CF wrap like this in person and it looks really good.

I think I even saw an iPhone case wrapped on this... Very convincing!!!

i work in irvine and live in costa mesa... im always on the 405, 55, 73 and sometimes 5

i love when vendors are local :)

Good meeting up with you guys today, pics coming up shortly!

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Good meeting up with you guys today, pics coming up shortly!

I've never seen material like that, it's actually very nice and looks like something OEM on the car.

Can't wait to see the pics.

and again thanks for the LED lights really adds a nice touch to the car:)

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Haha, they are coming. Check out the DIY I just updated on the first page of the thread. Hopefully, sticky-worthy for you guys.

B

We don't seem to sticky anything there :iono:

Awesome job on the writeup, only thing that would be even better would be a video! Maybe next time you do the install. After seeing the door panel nightmare though, I think I might skip this one - that's a LOT of work for those 2 pieces!

Videos of the way the "carbon fabric" reacts to light in comparison to DiNoc and real carbon would be awesome as well - it's hard to tell with still shots how it looks in person, video helps a lot. There are some good examples on a competitor's website for DiNoc, but I don't want to risk sending people there instead so let me know if you want to see them and I'll pm you a link.

Last edited:

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
We don't seem to sticky anything there :iono:

Awesome job on the writeup, only thing that would be even better would be a video! Maybe next time you do the install. After seeing the door panel nightmare though, I think I might skip this one - that's a LOT of work for those 2 pieces!

Videos of the way the "carbon fabric" reacts to light in comparison to DiNoc and real carbon would be awesome as well - it's hard to tell with still shots how it looks in person, video helps a lot. There are some good examples on a competitor's website for DiNoc, but I don't want to risk sending people there instead so let me know if you want to see them and I'll pm you a link.

Thanks! A video-comparo would be kinda nice, though the fabric comes in 6 different shades so they would all have to be laid out on a pallet (not saying it's impossible :)). PM anyway, though I hope our beloved community does hope to support its active providing sponsor :).

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
Is this fabric? or a vinyl sticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.