GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Palm Beach International Raceway

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Has anyone been to PBIR near West Palm Beach in the last few years? I heard they changed it a lot and made it much nicer than before. I think that the road course is ludicrous as far as price goes to use, as they do some sort of auto club that is priced more like a country club. But does anyone ever go for test and tune or for anything like that on the drag strip? I am thinking about going soon if anyone else wants to go.

hugoender1

Ready to race!
I am interested in finding a track as well where I can ride my GTI hard (sounds wrong). Any idea on any place close to Miami since I doubt there is any track in Miami? Also, I found a lot of NASCAR type performance driving schools but they cost A LOT and are only NASCAR type tracks (which to me are boring). I do not care much for the classes. I just want a place where I can push my car to it's limits.

2010golf

Palm beach international raceway has gotten alot nicer since the renovations. I used to go their alot with my old car for test and tune. I would like to go play around in my golf some time

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Yeah buddy. I went to PBIR like 6 months ago for a show. Before then.. I hadn't been there since high school. It's improved ALOT!!! It's a much nicer venue and the track looks well kept. Let me know if you wanna go out. I live right off the exit (PGA Blvd) so I'm 10mins away from the track.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Damn. Just saw this post. Even though I wouldn't have been able to make it, lemme know next time you're gonna go out there. I may be able to show. How was it?! You just run quarters?!

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
I ran a 14.2, bone stock... and if you remember, Friday night it was pretty cool out and humid as well. 2.1 for 60 foot... Launch control and DSG are perfect for this.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Damn. 14.2 huh? Good to hear. That track must be real sticky. I need to go run mine out there sometime soon and see how she does (Putting 19's on tom'w and CAI later this week... with the APR stage 1 she loses traction real easy in 1st and 2nd.. but hopefully I can get nice numbers up like those with my 6sp).

hugoender1

Ready to race!
I got 2.4 as my best 60 foot time at Homestead-Miami Speedway (completely stock 4dr MKVI with DSG).

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Hugo, did you use launch control? I seriously think I got the freakishly fast GTI out of the bunch... My uncle used to let me use his Trans Am, and this thing feels just as fast. I almost wonder if putting APR on will in any way not make me see the same gains as others.

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
Also, anytime anyone wants to go, I am down to head out there. I work in Jupiter, so it's right down the road from me. I would like to do kind of a VW meet out there or something sometime.

hugoender1

Ready to race!
Hugo, did you use launch control? I seriously think I got the freakishly fast GTI out of the bunch... My uncle used to let me use his Trans Am, and this thing feels just as fast. I almost wonder if putting APR on will in any way not make me see the same gains as others.

Yes I did use the launch control. However, a difference of .3s in the 60-foot is more indicative of a driver's ability to get off the line quick while maintaining traction and the track you are on rather than the actual car itself. This was my first time racing any car so I do think my time is slower than someone else with more experience timing the green light and keeping the car at lower revs at start for better traction (I just mashed on the gas pedal).

Next time I go I will try and keep it at 2.5k RPMs instead of 3k so that I don't spin as much. This will likely lower my time. I am going to wait until I get Stage 1 before I go again though. I am pretty sure taking the car to the track takes a huge toll on your engine and so I don't want to make this a weekly or even monthly thing.