GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommended shops in NNJ?

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
i'm looking to have a new clutch installed.

i already called a couple shops in the area and the labor is pretty much the same for all of them...

before calling i was leaning towards Sachs SRE with a new DMF. when i asked them for their recommendations, all of them said South Bend....

any recent reviews/recommendations for a shop in the area for a big job like this? thanks.

Last edited:

flight1us

Ready to race!
The only shop is TriState Euros not to mention they honor their work !

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
What part of NNJ?

I've worked with 2 shops recently that I trust and would go back to.

I've put clutches in 2 mk6 gti's - both done by Cosmo @ Corsa Motors in Englewood. Hes expensive - and takes his time to do the work - but you would never get the feeling he is lying or trying to rush you out the door. Not the kind of shop where you drop it off on Monday and get it back on Tuesday - but he is one of the most knowledgeable mechanics I know. I'm not sure if he's taking on new clients - he does big jobs like engine-out rebuilds in Mclarens or Lambos - but every time I've needed him hes always come through for me.

Recently I've gone to Drive Autoworks in Mountainside for a few things and i've also been very happy with them. They had my car ready to pickup super quickly the first time I dropped the car off. Orlando & Dion are great to work with. Always good when you see the lot is full of other Audi/BMW/porsche cars so you know they are familiar with all the platforms.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
What part of NNJ?
close to NYC for me.

here's all the shops i've considered so far, in alphabetical order:
  • Brica's Garage
  • CasteSystems Performance
  • Drive Auto Works
  • KMD Tuning
  • RSW Euro
  • Tri-State Euros
i've already ruled out RSW Euro because of a bad experience on the phone. i called them to ask for an estimate on a clutch install and the rep was clearly clueless because they asked me to bring the car in for an inspection and wouldn't provide an estimate over the phone. they asked me, "so do you wanna schedule an appointment?" and i was like...ehh....hell no. i guess that's what happens when you grow too big. i personally prefer being able to shake hands with the owner who's wrenching on my car.

flight1us

Ready to race!
Tristate is right over the bridge in clifton NJ 30- 40 mins

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve made the trip from Long Island to Drive Auto Works for everything from maintenance to turbo install. I’ve found the pricing to be more than fair and work was always completed on time.

Sam worked on my car at the Clifton location prior to him opening Tri State Euros. I would have no problem recommending them as well.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Attached are some pics of what Drive Autoworks lot looked like the other day when I got my car back

even if some of those cars are paying for storage and not in line to get fixed/serviced - still a pretty nice line up. they must be doing something right.

Attachments

• 20230530_133225.jpg
    20230530_133225.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56
  • 20230530_133229.jpg
    20230530_133229.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230530_133444.jpg
    20230530_133444.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 57

mhuss

i'm looking to have a new clutch installed.

i already called a couple shops in the area and the labor is pretty much the same for all of them...

before calling i was leaning towards Sachs SRE with a new DMS. when i asked them for their recommendations, all of them said South Bend....

any recent reviews/recommendations for a shop in the area for a big job like this? thanks.
Brica’s Garage 10/10! Florin is the shop owner and the mechanic. He knows everything about the MK6 and has multiple himself. It’s his staple car and he can get everything you need done for a great price