GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: deautokey interior LED kit

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I'm expecting to receive my LED kit later this week. I don't think that my Canadian 12 Golf TDI highline has foot well lights. Does this mean that I don't have a bulb or don't have an actual socket wired in?

Update:
I checked the car out and haven't found a socket where i think there should be one. Does anyone know if i can retrofit the plug for foot well lighting?

Great question, not sure how that would work if you don't have the wiring, I only saw people install rear footwells by getting power from the front.

Does anyone know if you can wire a footwell housing to a non-footwell car?

MyStro023

Ready to race!
Great question, not sure how that would work if you don't have the wiring, I only saw people install rear footwells by getting power from the front.

Does anyone know if you can wire a footwell housing to a non-footwell car?
I saw ECS selling the OBD assembly with the footwell housing over on their site. Given all the interior accent lights run of the same circuit to the 7.5A dude, I can't imagine you couldn't install them if you want to. It may require coding and some write splicing though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I saw ECS selling the OBD assembly with the footwell housing over on their site. Given all the interior accent lights run of the same circuit to the 7.5A dude, I can't imagine you couldn't install them if you want to. It may require coding and some write splicing though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok, I spoke to deAutoLED, they said they have a footwell kit that will most likely work, they are going to look into getting a DIY up in the coming months.

Keep a look out.

Thank you