GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review - Depo LED Tails

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
These look slick on their own but I get the feeling they would make the halogens look dated and out of place.

How do these look when paired with halogen headlights?

Yeah they do

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
These look slick on their own but I get the feeling they would make the halogens look dated and out of place.

How do these look when paired with halogen headlights?

That might be something that ultimately only you will really care about though. They go hand in hand, you're right, but if all you can afford to do right now is tails it's definitely worth it. With the stock tails, the rear looks kinda farty and dated.

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!
That might be something that ultimately only you will really care about though. They go hand in hand, you're right, but if all you can afford to do right now is tails it's definitely worth it. With the stock tails, the rear looks kinda farty and dated.

My biggest reservation is the fading and glazing that some have reported with reps. Maybe down the road if/when the stock lights start to show signs of wear I'll replace them with reps but until then I'll just keep an eye on the classifieds for the real thing.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
My biggest reservation is the fading and glazing that some have reported with reps. Maybe down the road if/when the stock lights start to show signs of wear I'll replace them with reps but until then I'll just keep an eye on the classifieds for the real thing.
The rep tails do not have trouble with glazing. At least I have not heard of anything of the sort, and I don't have glazing on mine.

You're probably thinking of the rep headlights. I did have a pair that glazed and started peeling.

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!
Wow that's pretty bad! Is Ed selling Vacar or Depo tails these days?

His tails are vacar but I am assuming that all reps are essentially made the same way as they cost the same, are both sourced from China and nobody seems to differentiate much here on the forums. BUT, what's true for Ed's might not be true for Depo.

ducatiti

Ready to race!
Anyone else having problems of led's going out?

Within the first year, one went out of which I had the assembly replaced via warranty. Now after two years, another two led's went out.

Any one else?

Discipline

All duplicates have some quality issues. Look back to my post for CSG with Black Smokes. The look is very clean. Actually... I'll post a different shot.

With LED turns (deautokey) and LED reverse lights (bold-sport). Both are no-error and have no resistor boxes.

NOTE: ALL LEDs work - this looks strange due to the LED cycle rate versus my wonderful cell camera. You cannot see the refresh in eye. They just have a cycle like all LEDs.

Also with matte black emblem and red vinyl insert.
How bright are the deAutoKey reverse lights? Can you actually see behind you? Looks sharp :thumbsup:

One question I have for anyone who's purchased a set of these tails recently - do any of you have condensation build up in your lenses when they sit facing the sun for any period of time? I had these in for less than a week, and found one corner pod with condensation after work, along with a bulb out error.

Discipline

How bright are the deAutoKey reverse lights? Can you actually see behind you? Looks sharp :thumbsup:

One question I have for anyone who's purchased a set of these tails recently - do any of you have condensation build up in your lenses when they sit facing the sun for any period of time? I had these in for less than a week, and found one corner pod with condensation after work, along with a bulb out error.

Did a little research and testing, and found the following:

Yours truly fell victim to this, since I didn't read all of the instructions :bonk: So moral of the story is to be absolutely sure to NOT overtighten or pinch this gasket.