GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review: GIAC Stage One and AWE

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Good stuff, thanks for posting! can't wait for my stage 1 as well.

Bender1

Banned
Paul,

Thanks for the kind words. Comments like this make all the hard work and effort worth it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the software and that I had a chance to show you around, it was a pleasure.

What are you thinking about now? Last night you mentioned you wanted to pick up an S3 IC, is that still in the cards?

Btw: You should see the R8 V10 prototype now. :D It has me wanting to do bad things. I'll send you a link to the video when it is ready for release.

The S3 IC + TOP is exactly the thought. I have been kicking around just going airbox and TOP since you posted the results from the 1.8t a few weeks back, but July will be here quickly..

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
Austin... This is William and I got the chip from you for the first 2010, when can I come in for the race and valet that are missing. Also d do you still want to dyno it?

gmoney67

Passed Driver's Ed
Bender,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great in-depth review. I did a lot of research concerning where and what brand of tune I wanted, and thanks to reviews like this decided to go to AWE as well.

Worked with John, everything went smooth and it was a very professional and impressive experience. They truly are a company that tunes cars for the overall feel, enhancing every aspect.

I agree with everything you said concerning the performance, and understand completely what you mean when you say the car feels "stock". It truly is an exceptional tune and I'd like to thank GIAC, AWE, and you for some great information! :thanks:

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
Austin... This is William and I got the chip from you for the first 2010, when can I come in for the race and valet that are missing. Also d do you still want to dyno it?

Can you stop by this week to get reflashed? I don't think we need to dyno it.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Damn I can't believe I just now found this. Quite a good review I am glad I made the decision to go AWE/GIAC. I have ordered several AWE products including the AWE K04 and GIAC tune. Hopefully this time next week I will be installing everything and going to get the tune installed. Great review Bender :thumbsup:

Austin@giac

Ready to race!
Damn I can't believe I just now found this. Quite a good review I am glad I made the decision to go AWE/GIAC. I have ordered several AWE products including the AWE K04 and GIAC tune. Hopefully this time next week I will be installing everything and going to get the tune installed. Great review Bender :thumbsup:

If your car is stock right now, I think you are in for a bit more of a surprise :headbang:

JhnR

Banned
is this tune more aggressive than APRs?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to sort of hijack this, but there's a captive audience. Right now I have a Turbo-Back exhaust and I'm waiting on AWE's CCB (air intake). It's ordered and all--just waiting. My question is: Do I have to wait for the CCB to do the GIAC tune or can I go ahead and do it now and just wait on the CCB? I've been doing some research and I've only served to get myself a little more confused. I have a GIAC shop close to my work and I'm anxious to get it done. Thanks all.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
No need to wait. The ECU will adapt once you install the CCB

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
It's nice to hear about good customer service / service in general. Getting harder to find these days. Glad everything worked out for you.