GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Screen protector for Discovery Media

Serpher

Car(s)
2019 1.5 TSI 150ps
Has anyone here tried the screen protector (mat/glossy) for the Discovery Media screen? Is it worth it?

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I bought one for my 2018 Golf R off Amazon from R Ruiya for $15 and it works great. While I can't say if it's worth it, I am pleased with its performance in terms of keeping fingerprints off the head unit's screen. It's easy to clean and, if I scratch it, I can just get a new one rather than have to fix a head unit. I think they are worth it (I have them on iPads, iPods, Android tablets, my cell phone.......)

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I also had the clear finish, Amazon purchased screen protector. Worked perfectly. I also have one in my 2020 Tiguan with the same infotainment. 100% worth it. Just get any tempered glass screen protector that's designed for your car, they are basically all the same.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have a "glossy" protector on my screen now. Don't know why I didn't think to get matte. I loved the 8" matte screen that I had before this one.
Both pick up fingerprints but minimal reflections was nice and that made fingerprints less visible when the screen is on. Screen off they both always look like they need to be cleaned.