GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Second GTI First Build.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
my advice...get blue tint blind spot side mirrors and a convex broadway mirror for the inside. aim the side mirrors out so you only see the rear door handle. having the right mirror setup can make a huge difference in how you drive and change lanes. i barely have any blind spots with these mirrors. i would crash without em. lol.

Haha, I appreciate the advice Greg. I plan to get the blind spot mirrors, but hadn't given any consideration to the center mirror. Which specific mirror do you have in the center?

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Impressions of DG springs and Bilstein B8 shocks

So I've had my shocks and springs installed now for about 10 days.

First off, I've never had any upgraded suspension parts on any of my previous cars, so its hard for me to really compare.

The springs definitely help keep the car flat through the turns. At first I was surprised by how harsh the ride was, but I think that was more because I hadn't driven my car or anything else remotely sporty in a week.

The shocks definitely are a huge improvement over stock. They ride incredibly well, and handle bumps in the road much better. It is fairly difficult though for me to determine how much of the difference is due to the springs and how much is from the shocks.

The car does feel much more planted in a straight line, and especially under very hard braking from speed, but really the thing that annoys me now is that it is much easier for me to tell how much of a limiting factor my tires are. Before I installed my suspension bits, the tires would hold on in a turn up until the point where I was getting enough body roll to sketch me out a bit. Now my tires are significantly less capable than the suspension, and the car breaks loose in turns with less warning. Not to say that it doesn't go around turns faster. I look forward to getting some more rubber and a front sway bar to really pick up some speed in the twisties.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Haha, I appreciate the advice Greg. I plan to get the blind spot mirrors, but hadn't given any consideration to the center mirror. Which specific mirror do you have in the center?

its a 14.5 inch wide convex broadway mirror

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Well I found out that my drivers side front tire was corded a week ago, and I ordered 2 245/40/18s off tire rack. Got them installed monday and have been enjoying the grip since. I definitely didn't realize how much wheelspin I had been getting, but the car feels faster through second gear with the 235s up front. The car feels incredibly stable through turns and the grip is noticeably improved.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Well its been raining all weekend so I didn't get around to washing my car, but I got some shots of how the 245s sit on the detroits.

Also changed my oil and figured I'd take a pic of the metal built up on my magnetic drain plug.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Chinese RCD510 installed, I'll post pics when I can, CDs aren't working but I like it, all I use are the SD card and Bluetooth. My headliner started to peel back, so I've got some plans to fix that and maybe make my interior a little more superior. And I've got some plans for later this summer, parts in the mail and still deciding how far I want to take the project, but looking at some power options without going K04

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Got an anti lift kit, front sway bar, and front, front lower control arm bushings for my birthday, can't wait until I have time to install everything in a few weeks.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
A quick shot of the brushed titanium wrap, sorry its a low quality pic, the camera on my phone is messed up, and I haven't bothered to bust out my dads dslr.

Also pics of my center arm rest

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
I bought a mk7 golf ball shifter a while back and installed it, haven't got around to posting pics till now. Had to cut the shifter shaft down a lot more than I already had because the shaft does not sit inside of the knob based off of the design, but even at what is now close to stock height, I really like the look and feel of it.