GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SkullV's K04 Tiguan and Other Car Adventures

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Gotta give props to Techtonics Tuning! They had the downpipe built (made to order) and shipped out the same day! It will be on the car Monday which means I should be able to install the intercooler the following Friday.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you in for the dyno day then?

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
you in for the dyno day then?

Yessir. Looks like I'll have the K04, DP, FMIC, and 100oct. going at the dyno day. Kind of feel like a chump without an intake now...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yessir. Looks like I'll have the K04, DP, FMIC, and 100oct. going at the dyno day. Kind of feel like a chump without an intake now...

nice! can't wait to hear about it. yeah, buy an intake, ya hippie!

That's going to be a real surprise. That downpipe is a huge increase in and of itself.

not so sure about that based on how my car dyno'd, lol.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
do form and function.

Appearance stuff would be a waste of money on this car. The only appearance stuff I would do would be a lighter set of 18" wheels, red calipers (only because the GTI I would buy calipers are already red), and Plastidip grille, rear emblem, and chrome roof bars.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
do R32 fronts?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
agreed.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
do R32 fronts?

I haven't done much research, but I'm still a little confused on the brake proportioning on these VWs. I know on my 09 the bias was quite a bit to the rear. Just a bit confused on these BBKs and how they work so well with only replacing the front calipers/rotors.

As far as an intake, I'm kind of hoping that Halvie will trade me his Carbonio for my OEM Turbo.

Not exactly the intake I want to go with (would prefer ModShack) but the price would be right.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
how old is his carboner?

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
how old is his carboner?

Dunno, don't care. As long as it's not cracked it can be green or whatever. As long as it works!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OK, keep in touch on that.

A_Bowers

nice! can't wait to hear about it. yeah, buy an intake, ya hippie!

not so sure about that based on how my car dyno'd, lol.

K04 might be different. But on the IHI turbo it is a HUGE difference