GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sprint booster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
People often feel that they are personally being attacked when a product isn't everyone's cup of tea but you aren't.

Yeah, you're right. I'll try to keep it civil.

Some people very adept at getting under your skin especially when you find yourself repeating the same thing over and over again.

In the last couple of hours I went out and drove my car with the Sprint Booster off for a while and then on again (w/setting 2).

The difference in gas pedal motion required is very dramatic. With the SB on, I barely have to do more than rest my foot on the gas pedal for the car to drive quickly like around town @ 25-45 speeds. The throttle is very responsive.

When the SB is off the stroke on the gas pedal is much longer and my right foot has way more motion to get the car to accelerate. The car feels much more sluggish.

My car is DSG + APR Stage 2 V1.2 and the combination with the SB is very sublime. The added mid-range of the V1.2 tune and the very responsive gas pedal completely devoid of freeplay make the gas pedal very fun with the SB. Acceleration is just always a gentile push on the gas, or even better is a single or double (downshift) tap on the paddle and acceleration is immediate without having to actually mash the gas.

Is the car faster with the Sprint Booster? Who cares, but it definitely drives much better with it than without it. No doubt.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Awesome independent test on sprint booster here.
Very technical!

ZOMG THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING?!

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Oh, thank you sir...

It took you how many times to 'get that'?

I got that before you even bought the thing, still waiting on you however to get my opinion that it is a waste of time and money is just my opinion which I can have..

I have only challenged statements that are opinions being presented as fact or just statements that are false in general. You are/were actually telling everyone who's opinion that differs from yours that they are wrong.

P

plac

Just putting your wallet in the center console instead of your back pocket will also do this, there is no reason to remove money from it to make it thinner just to correct this situation :)

But my ankle joints get sore from pressing that pedal down so far all the time. Would be cool if my foot only had to move half as far.

i'd take one for free.. but i'd never pay for one.

P

plac

See this is where the issue is. You don't care. 90% of the people here DO.

especially when this thing is something like $300? half the price of a tune on sale, which gives you massive power.. i should look into that other one mentioned in this thread somewhere, for only $150? even that is high for a pedal signal increaser.

dbduke1

Ready to race!
Don't forget about the compact enclosure (molds, assembly) and advertising, etc. that will definitely jack up your costs not only make it but also to market it.

I have a makerbot and could make an enclosure for the device in 20 minutes for about 15 cents worth of plastic.

As for marketing and advertising, that doesn't justify a 2000% markup over cost.

Seriously, I want to do this. I've already drawn up the circuits and have the equipment to test the response time. All i need is for someone with access to ETKA to give me the part numbers for the two connectors....

dmb6202

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a makerbot and could make an enclosure for the device in 20 minutes for about 15 cents worth of plastic.

As for marketing and advertising, that doesn't justify a 2000% markup over cost.

You made a big mistake. You could have made one of these devices, thrown together a website in a matter of days, and been selling these things with a 2000% markup to people that are bonkers enough to pay you that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.